badens wheels

Old October 18th 04, 03:53 AM
rayner

Default badens wheels

hippy Wrote:
"B.T." wrote
I'm not sure if they're Shimano or not, but they look like th

mystery
prototypes that Jan had at the Tour.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...d=ullrich-bike

I knew I'd seen similar wheels before...
but these ones have black hubs, Baden's seem silver?

hippy

was going to say that they might be old campag boras from the teleko
stockpile but the hubs look wrong. Be buggered if I know what they are
Looks like Karls stuffed now, he'll be vulnerable against the genuin
climbers simply because of the size of him. Thanks for the replie
guys

--
rayner

Old October 20th 04, 04:43 PM
B.T.

rayner Wrote:
was going to say that they might be old campag boras from the teleko
stockpile but the hubs look wrong. Be buggered if I know what they are
Looks like Karls stuffed now, he'll be vulnerable against the genuin
climbers simply because of the size of him. Thanks for the replie
guys.

Mystery Solved!

http://tinyurl.com/4csw

--
B.T.

Old October 21st 04, 06:08 AM
Gemma Kernich

"B.T." wrote in message

rayner Wrote:
was going to say that they might be old campag boras from the telekom
stockpile but the hubs look wrong. Be buggered if I know what they are.
Looks like Karls stuffed now, he'll be vulnerable against the genuine
climbers simply because of the size of him. Thanks for the replies
guys.

Mystery Solved!

http://tinyurl.com/4csw6

Nah, lightweights don't use stainless steel spokes, they use some sort of
composite fibre. The ones shown on
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...d=ullrich-bike look like
they have SS spokes to me...(they look like Campy Boras)
Different wheels altogether (although the rims might be the same?)
Gemma

Old October 21st 04, 11:02 AM
John Stevenson

"Gemma Kernich" wrote in
:

"B.T." wrote in message

rayner Wrote:
was going to say that they might be old campag boras from the
telekom stockpile but the hubs look wrong. Be buggered if I know
what they are. Looks like Karls stuffed now, he'll be vulnerable
against the genuine climbers simply because of the size of him.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Mystery Solved!

http://tinyurl.com/4csw6

Nah, lightweights don't use stainless steel spokes, they use some
sort of composite fibre. The ones shown on
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004...d=ullrich-bike look
like they have SS spokes to me...(they look like Campy Boras)
Different wheels altogether (although the rims might be the same?)
Gemma

Ah yes, those wheels gave us lots of fun. They're Corimas, we think, but
there are probably a couple of references still lingering in that piece to
them being Lightweights because that's what we were told by T-Mobile's
mechanics. We went 'Hang on, Lightweight doesn't make anything with steel
spokes' and it was then confirmed by Lightweight that they weren't
Lightweights, at which point we banged our heads gently on our desks,
removed the easily-found references to Lightweight and went off to do
something more rewarding like herd cats.

To keep things nice and confusing, Ullrich does use Lightweights too - you
can see them on some of his climbing and TT bikes. I'm pretty sure the rear
wheel he's using here is a Lightweight:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour04.ph...stage16/ULRICH

Note the very large hub flanges. The wheels on Kloeden's bike in that stage
also appear to be Lightweights.