Light and Motion VEGA

Old October 18th 04, 08:08 AM
theGoat

Default Light and Motion VEGA

I am in the market for a new front light for commuting. These loo
pretty impressive but I don't know of anyone in Aust selling them.

http://www.bikelights.com/Products/vega.htm

Anyone seen one or know anything about them? Cheers

--
theGoat

Old October 18th 04, 01:55 PM
aeek

theGoat Wrote:
I am in the market for a new front light for commuting. These loo
pretty impressive but I don't know of anyone in Aust selling them.

http://www.bikelights.com/Products/vega.htm

Anyone seen one or know anything about them? Cheers.

from the Australians distributors page:

"Due in Australia Early Nov 2004, the Light and Motion Vega will set
new standard in light weight, self contained bicycle illumiation.
Weight 0.50 kg
Price: $239.00"

http://www.catalystimports.com/custo...8&cat=2&page=1

I rang them and was able to buy an ARC (HID) from Lonsdale Stree
Cyclery - ACT

--
aeek

Old October 18th 04, 02:32 PM
geoffs

theGoat Wrote:
I am in the market for a new front light for commuting. These loo
pretty impressive but I don't know of anyone in Aust selling them.

http://www.bikelights.com/Products/vega.htm

Anyone seen one or know anything about them? Cheers.

Hi

I found out about L & M light just after I had placed a bid on Ebay fo
a Cateye Stadium III light set.
Send these guys an email and they will give you the local importer
details. I had the somewhere but cant seem to find it

I spoke to the distibutor in sydney who was very helpful. It appear
they have a good name for service and backup should something go wrong
My Stadium is worling fine but I have heard on a couple of lists tha
thier service is slow to say the best. I found this out of course afte
I had paid my money.

I take my wife to work on the tandem in the morning and ride back ou
to pick her up in the evening, so we have been giving the Stadium
workout.
It's bright enough to make pedestrians shield thier eyes and ca
drivers adjust thier rear vision mirror when we pull up behind them
When we on on an unlit section of bike track (Alexandria to Tempe) w
are still travelling at 30-35kms and hour no problems as I can se
every bit of the track.
Riding through the city at night in traffic is a breeze. The light i
so bright that cars just stop. The police went to pull us over at a
RBT until they realised we were a tandem and waved us through.

Satiums is 21watts to L & M's 10. The stadium is the Brightest ligh
but it also has a heavy battery but I dont notice this on the tandem.

Cheers

Geof

--
geoffs

Old October 19th 04, 03:41 AM
Lotte

Personally, I'd be very careful when buying something you haven't hear
great things about first hand.

My Marwi Nightpro Elite is the best thing that ever happened to me.
It's simple, looks nice, weighs 375g and retails for about the $25
mark (I think!), however, I've seen them on www.webcyclery.com for
plenty less than the AU RRP. Oh, and webcyclery rocks - I got my orde
from them within 3 days and they don't send Fedex (ie. you don't ge
taxed).

I only bought the Nightpro because it's a fairly common light and I'v
heard nothing negative what-so-ever about them. My friend has had hi
for a couple of years now and does a fair bit of night riding, yet ha
never had any problems with them...

Oh, and it comes with a really stable helmet mount which I use when I'
feeling REALLY adventurous, and ride in the bush at night. Scaryyyy!!

--
Lotte

Old October 20th 04, 04:05 AM
hippy

"Lotte" wrote

My Marwi Nightpro Elite is the best thing that ever happened to me.
It's simple, looks nice, weighs 375g and retails for about the $250
mark (I think!), however, I've seen them on www.webcyclery.com for a
plenty less than the AU RRP. Oh, and webcyclery rocks - I got my order
from them within 3 days and they don't send Fedex (ie. you don't get
taxed).

Sounds like they are pretty good. What sort of postage costs
were involved with your lights? I would love a HID.. like this:

http://www.webcyclery.com/product.ph...cat=346&page=1
($389 USD)

http://www.cyclelink.com.au/category528_1.htm
($885 AUD)

I need to look around a bit more first..

hippy