Kew Crit Pics

Old October 21st 04, 12:45 AM
Shane Stanley

Default Kew Crit Pics

In article ,
"hippy" wrote:

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that not wearing gloves
in a crit is silly..

I have this theory that those of us who spend too much of our lives at a
keyboard are more sensitive (sensible?) about hand damage.

--
Shane Stanley
Old October 21st 04, 12:48 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default ADF Champs (was Kew Crit Pics)

Gags wrote:
snip
I will interested to see how they spread out the road race, crit, and
TT......I would think that the TT would have to go last and definately not
on the same day as the other two.

I think it was scheduled for a few days earlier, this year. That being
because the running and triathlon events were at the end. Now they're
split up, maybe it'll change. It might be a good idea to contact the
organisers now and put the point forward.

In the road race, was there any team tactics between the three services or
was it a free-for-all?

Complete free-for-all. I don't know what happened in the last few laps
though. I think because everyone was from different areas, other pers
from same service were considered no different from other service. Which
we know is not true...

TB
Old October 21st 04, 12:59 AM
hippy

"Shane Stanley"
"hippy" wrote:
Anyway, I'm of the opinion that not wearing gloves
in a crit is silly..

I have this theory that those of us who spend too much of our lives at a
keyboard are more sensitive (sensible?) about hand damage.

Maybe.. I didn't start wearing gloves until I was
doing 100k rides. My hands would end up quite
sore and then I got into the habit of scuffing tyres
so these justified a glove purchase. I've hit the
deck enough times since to know that gloves are
a 'good idea'. You lot are clever enough to make
your own minds up..

crash happy hippy

Old October 21st 04, 01:03 AM
Tamyka Bell

hippy wrote:

"Shane Stanley"
"hippy" wrote:
Anyway, I'm of the opinion that not wearing gloves
in a crit is silly..

I have this theory that those of us who spend too much of our lives at a
keyboard are more sensitive (sensible?) about hand damage.

Maybe.. I didn't start wearing gloves until I was
doing 100k rides. My hands would end up quite
sore and then I got into the habit of scuffing tyres
so these justified a glove purchase. I've hit the
deck enough times since to know that gloves are
a 'good idea'. You lot are clever enough to make
your own minds up..

crash happy hippy

Yeah, I actually get sore hands from wearing gloves, how weird is that.
I have INCREDIBLY (small) hands, so much that if I wear gloves it is
very, very hard for me to brake. I think braking is important, so except
in winter, I don't wear gloves. That being said, I don't race crits, I
race non-drafting triathlons. And I'm not very fast.

Old October 21st 04, 02:36 AM
hippy

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
Yeah, I actually get sore hands from wearing gloves, how weird is that.

Pretty weird! ;-)

I have INCREDIBLY (small) hands, so much that if I wear gloves it is
very, very hard for me to brake. I think braking is important, so except

Braking?

in winter, I don't wear gloves. That being said, I don't race crits, I
race non-drafting triathlons. And I'm not very fast.

If you crash in a tri TT, you're pretty unlucky or
REALLY pushing the limits! :-)

hippy doesn't wear gloves while using a pc

Old October 21st 04, 02:47 AM
ritcho

hippy Wrote:[color=blue]
"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
Yeah, I actually get sore hands from wearing gloves, how weird i

that.

Pretty weird! ;-)

[snip]

If you crash in a tri TT, you're pretty unlucky or
REALLY pushing the limits! :-)

hippy doesn't wear gloves while using a pc

If you crash in a tri TT, ... or you're drafting in a huge group a
Mooloolaba that no-one is strong enough to break away from... not tha
I know anything about drafting in non-drafting races...

Ritc

--
ritcho

Old October 21st 04, 03:34 AM
Tamyka Bell

hippy wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message

snip
in winter, I don't wear gloves. That being said, I don't race crits, I
race non-drafting triathlons. And I'm not very fast.

If you crash in a tri TT, you're pretty unlucky or
REALLY pushing the limits! :-)

One of the smaller tri series in SE Qld is the Bribie Triathlons. The
roads are closed but there's still some light traffic moving through the
area, parked cars, wheelie bins etc.

Doing my second, there was this horrible fat girl who kept drafting but
couldn't even do it with dignity, she kept pretending like she
"couldn't" overtake... hello, then drop back, b*$%&!

So I was down on my bars, I put my head down and went as hard as I could
for one stretch, she ****ed me off so much, looked up when I was 1m away
from a parked car and about 1 m in, I don't know how I managed to dodge
it without coming off.

Oops is better than ouch.

I'm the queen of stupid slogans.

USPro Crit pics Grafis Racing 0 August 22nd 05 02:46 AM
New Gallery, plus TOque pics are finally up... darchibald Unicycling 7 April 19th 05 12:47 AM
Crit Pro = Erik Saunders ? Al James Racing 29 October 1st 04 06:41 AM
USPRO Crit pics gfisk Racing 13 August 26th 04 02:11 AM
NAUCC 2003 Pics UniBrier Unicycling 11 August 14th 03 11:52 PM