Now famous unicyclist

Old November 5th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Default Now famous unicyclist

My son sent this link to me. This footage was taken of me sometime
recently. I know where it is on my route that they claim that there is a
red light but I don't think I ran it. They turned left at the
intersection right after me so it obviously changed right at that time.
I may have anticipated the light change, since I ride the route every
day, and took off right at the change. It's good being listed as "weird
unicycle guy" in the credits. I wish the audio was better so I could
hear what was being said. There is a curb cut I ride up on the other
side of the intersection to ride along a long, straight curb, probably
100 yards or so.

YouTube - weird
unicycle guy!

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old November 6th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ben Meighen

I've been filmed by so many random people exactly like this (with no
upd). I have been waiting for this to happen. If this guy had searched
"unicycle" on youtube first he may think twice about posting such low
quality vid.

Still a good sign that you ride alot

--
Ben Meighen

Git-R-Done
Old November 6th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

It is important to never make riding look easy. It was smart of you to
plan that UPD at the end to keep up the mystique.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
Old November 6th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

john_childs;1125805 wrote:
It is important to never make riding look easy. It was smart of you to
plan that UPD at the end to keep up the mystique.

Which is why i sometimes try to stack it on purpose, leaving a bruise
and make fake hurting sounds. So that way, people look at me and don't
try to unicycle.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

*'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)*
Old November 6th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Is the car going as fast as you or are you going as fast as the car?

How fast is the car or yourself going?

--
Unisykolist

*Watch me attempt a 2 meter (6-7 foot) drop on a unicycle and stack it,
watch it on - *www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
Old November 6th 08, 08:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

I calculated the cadence from the first few seconds of the video by
tapping out the cadence at a 'BPM calculator'
(http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm). Harper was pedaling at a cadence
of approximately 119.46 RPM. That works out to a speed of approximately
12.3165 MPH.

Old November 6th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

john_childs;1125872 wrote:
I calculated the cadence from the first few seconds of the video by
tapping out the cadence at a 'BPM calculator'
(http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm). Harper was pedaling at a cadence
of approximately 119.46 RPM. That works out to a speed of approximately
12.3165 MPH.

That is a very good approximation to the actual recorded speed of
12.3164838472mph.

Old November 6th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scott ttocs

Woah! 12.3164838472 MPH. Now that is precise!

I am usually happy with one significant digit.

--
scott ttocs
Old November 6th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

And that is 19.82 Km/h for non-Americans.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y
Old November 6th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hansc

Actually more like 19.8214594 km/h.

By the way, this is the perfect opportunity to revive 'this'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72934) thread, don't
you think?

--
hansc

Dan Connelly - Famous Frank Drackman Racing 8 September 13th 07 08:39 PM
I'm Famous musketman Unicycling 3 July 20th 06 11:08 PM
I'm Famous Radical Reed Unicycling 0 July 20th 06 08:20 PM
I'm Famous musketman Unicycling 0 July 20th 06 08:19 PM
I'm famous! hell-on-wheel Unicycling 17 April 30th 04 05:14 PM