Cyclists waste petrol

Old September 23rd 18, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:41:21 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 19:06:28 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:39:03 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 02:04:57 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 03:33:20 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/20/2018 04:42 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 04:38:04 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/19/2018 12:41 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:28:46 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message

The only problem I have ever had in much more than half
a century now is one example of where the delivery
person
didn’t bother to knock on the door to see if there was
anyone
home and just put the card in the letterbox saying that
they
couldn’t deliver. I heard the lid on the letterbox
being
closed,
found the card, rang the post office and complained and
had
the manager personally deliver the parcel to me using
his
car.

I don't have to check a box. The mail is visible on my
hall
carpet.

I don’t have a hall at the front door and no carpet
anywhere.

And not only is the mail visible on yours, so is
anything else anyone else tosses in too. No thanks.

We've never had anything other than mail and the odd local
newspaper
posted through our letter box.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
actually are too stupid to use amazon, ebay, aliexpress
etc.

Why would anyone post anything else?

Some want to **** others over, stupid.

Easy,

Nope.

don't create enemies.

Easier said than done with the worst of the loonys.

That loony that burnt my mate's house to the ground,
quite literally, wasn’t even an enemy of theirs, in fact
they didn’t know her at all. She somehow got the idea
that their house was infested with demons and torched
it for that reason. Maybe all that took was for them to
be away in Adelaide.

Ok, but extreme loonys who do thing like that are still very
rare.

But the number of arseholes that choose to drop some turds or
something they light before they put it thru the letterbox
arent.

Maybe in a country where everyone's descended from convicts..
But
in
the
UK, we simply don't have that problem.

Yeah, you're descended from the people Ivar the Boneless didn't
think
worthwhile to round up and take to the Dublin slave market.

We use the Irish as slaves, not the other way round. The Irish
aren't
bright enough to think for themselves.

They thought themselves out of your ****ty empire.

No, they couldn't handle it and ran away.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually
manage and that’s saying something.

Funny how you always say that when you don't have an answer.

That is the answer, ****wit.

Not to the topic in hand.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Why are you incapable of completing a conversation? I this part to hard
for you?

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

QED.

You couldn't even keep a little island a ferryboat ride away under
control.

We didn't want them here.

Odd that they have always been
free to come and go as they please.

And they left when we treated the scum badly.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually
manage and that’s saying something.

If you don't believe me, then state what you think is correct.

The opposite of that pig ignorant **** of yours, stupid.

Surely you can come up with something better than that.

You clearly can't do that.

I made my point, but you're incapable of making your own, so you just paste in childish nonsense. Is it any wonder a search for Rod Speed comes up with countless descriptions of strange trolling behaviour? Is it any wonder you have to frequently use several fake names to bypass killfiles?

No wonder why you lost India, Africa, and the Mid-East. The IRA
taught them well.

We gave them back due to being too "humane".

Even more pig ignorant than you usually
manage and that’s saying something.

It's true.

Amritsar was very humane, eh ?

Ditto with Kenya, Malaya, Aden etc etc etc.

Modern society (United Nations et al) requires us to be nice to the
enemy.

Must explain Amritsar, Malaya, Kenya, Aden, Suez etc etc etc.

Irrelevant,

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Now you're even splitting sentences in half.

That isnt half, ****wit.

Who are you, Mr Spock?

I was talking about US being humane and not stealing countries anymore.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

The only reason you lot stopped doing that was because
you clowns managed to bankrupt yourselves completely
with two world wars and the great depression and couldn’t
afford to do that anymore.

We shouldn't have fought the superior Germans.

That wasn’t true of WW1, you pig ignorant clown.

I don't care about the war that long ago.

Prisoners of war and all that ****.

And this **** proves that you weren't talking about no longer
grabbing other people's countrys anymore anyway.

It was an example of the human rights nonsense we fell for.

It had nothing to do with human rights. You clowns were completely
bankrupt and couldn’t even manage to keep Kenya or Aden.

Most countries are bankrupt, even America.

None of that with Amritsar, Malaya, Kenya, Aden, Suez etc etc etc.

Of course, there are those thick transplanted Scots in Ulster.
Won't
they
be screwed when the Republic is in the EU and they aren't?
Mayapparently
isn't smart enough to come up with a working plan for a soft
border.

There is no need for any plan.

The Irish were the thick ****s that loved the EU,

Hardly surprising given all the EU handouts they got.

That's the trouble with the EU, ****ing left wingers stealing from the
rich and giving to the poor.

Didn’t realise that Barnier and Junkers were the poor.

No, they're the corrupt ****s.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

What was your point if not that?

That those two arent 'the poor', stupid.

It's the poor countries like Greece that get the money, due the the EU leftist strategy.

they even took their currency.

They had no choice on that when they joined.

We joined without the currency, you can join parts and not other
parts.

Not anymore. If you want to join the EU, you have
to be part of the eurozone and schengen and nato.

Irrelevant to Ireland's decision in the past.

Wrong. It applied when they joined.

Then they shouldn't have joined.

That was their only hope, because the EU poured heaps
of money into that economic cess pit. If they had stayed
out of the EU, they would have been nothing.

So you agree, the EU throws money at the poor.

Their problem.

Nope, yours now.

Why? We'll just ignore them.

That’s clearly working so well for May currently.

The trouble is she isn't. Instead of just leaving we keep ****ing about
with deals.

Because something like what Canada has would be better, stupid.

What does Canadia have?

A free trade agreement with the EU, stupid.

Sounds easy enough, why doesn't the UK just do that then? It should take an afternoon's discussion in a boardroom.
Old September 23rd 18, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:06:46 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 09:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution.

Isn't everyone?

Er, no.

Most are.

Bull****. Only a few of those I know are.

5% of the population have 95% of the money,

Irrelevant to that other question. You don't need most of
the money to not be one paycheck away from destitution.
JUST a card that hasn't been maxed out, or some modest
savings by not spending whatever you get.

or some figures close to that.

Nothing even remotely like that in fact.

Old September 23rd 18, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 19:00:16 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 04:08:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 05:06 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:10:14 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/22/2018 12:32 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:23:00 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I once bought an SUV for £150. A real one - a Range Rover. Had
it
not
had the conversion to LPG which kept ****ing up the engine, it
would
have been great.

I guess the GMC Yukon Denalis are okay if you like that sort of
thing
and have a spare 75K. They're basically the Chevy Suburbans
preferred by
the CIA and other bad guys in the movies when they're abducting
people.
Heated leather seats and all that bling...

For that price I'd want a house, not a vehicle.

You certainly could get a very nice, gently used motorhome for that
money if you really wanted something on wheels.

For 75K you could buy an actual house here. My house (2 bedrooms,
semi
detached bungalow) is worth about 90K.

Another aspect is that while I don't abuse my vehicles I do feel they
should take me wherever I want to go within reason and a few dents
and
scratches are part of the program. I hit a deer a couple of years ago
and added some additional styling to the hood. It still opens and
closes
fine. A friend noticed it last week and asked me why I didn't fix it.
"Why? There are more deer out there."

Indeed, I fix what's required to make the thing go, or reluctantly
what's required by law to stop the ****ing pigs moaning about it.

An uncle liked big barges with all the crap and when he bought a new
one
would come to our house and cajole my father into driving it. I don't
know if it was planned or if my father was just operating in his
normal
fashion, but he turned on a rough gravel road we used frequently. You
could here rocks hitting the under-carriage. When we got back to
pavement Ernie insisted on getting out and inspecting the car for
damage. That was the last time he tried to rope my father into
driving
new car.

Barges? As in boats?

no, as in Pontiac Bonnevilles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Bonneville

" The Bonneville (known as the Parisienne in Canada until 1981), and
its
platform partner, the Grand Ville, are some of the largest Pontiacs
ever
built; in station wagon body styles they reached just over 230 inches
(5.8 m) long, and at 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) and more were also some of
the heaviest cars produced at the time. "

Only marginally heavier than my Range Rover at 2000kg.

His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution.

Isn't everyone?

Nope, I have never been, and plenty of others have never been too.

I went back
for a family funeral and his mother was loudly proclaiming "Oh he's
finally come to his senses and bought a cheap little compact car." A
Camaro as it turns out. At the time I was driving a Camaro but I could
afford mine.

I prefer to buy old decent cars than new **** cars.

Anyone with even half a clue realises that there are new decent cars
too and that they are a lot less farting around with their very long
warrantys now if you do have a problem.

My point is, you can spend the same money on a cheap **** new car or a
decent old car.

And mine is that most of us can afford a decent new car too.

With a 2nd hand car, for the same money, you get more engine, more space,
more extras.

And more stupid maintenance problems like you are stuck
with with that steaming turd with wheels, the Scenic.

Yes, I paid more for the Getz but don't have any of those
stupiditys like having to disconnect the battery every time
after I use it.

Old September 23rd 18, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message

[...]

Nope, you just flaunted your complete pig ignorance, as always.

but you're incapable of making your own,

Lying thru your teeth, as always.

reams of your childish **** flushed where it belongs

[...]

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that’s saying something.

[...]

Actually due to the stupid kraut banks handing it to them.

they even took their currency.

They had no choice on that when they joined.

We joined without the currency, you can join parts and not other
parts.

Not anymore. If you want to join the EU, you have
to be part of the eurozone and schengen and nato.

Irrelevant to Ireland's decision in the past.

Wrong. It applied when they joined.

Then they shouldn't have joined.

That was their only hope, because the EU poured heaps
of money into that economic cess pit. If they had stayed
out of the EU, they would have been nothing.

So you agree, the EU throws money at the poor.

Still means it made sense for them to join, stupid.

Their problem.

Nope, yours now.

Why? We'll just ignore them.

That’s clearly working so well for May currently.

The trouble is she isn't. Instead of just leaving we keep ****ing
about
with deals.

Because something like what Canada has would be better, stupid.

What does Canadia have?

A free trade agreement with the EU, stupid.

Sounds easy enough, why doesn't the UK just do that then?

It isnt on offer to the UK, stupid.

It should take an afternoon's discussion in a boardroom.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have
never ever had a ****ing clue about anything at all, ever.
Every single country in the EU has a veto right on every
single item in a free trade agreement with the EU, you
pig ignorant clown.

Old September 23rd 18, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/23/2018 01:45 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:06:46 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 09:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution.

Isn't everyone?

Er, no.

Most are. 5% of the population have 95% of the money, or some figures
close to that.

Many are ****ing idiots that are living beyond their means.
Old September 23rd 18, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

On 09/23/2018 01:19 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/23/2018 12:00 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news

I prefer to buy old decent cars than new **** cars.

Anyone with even half a clue realises that there are new decent cars
too and that they are a lot less farting around with their very long
warrantys now if you do have a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYf9Uw-6Ak

Some of us don't need out number to come in to be able to afford them.
Corse the Phucker is an unemployable pov.

I never won a lottery... Okay, I did once when I was a kid. My father
bought a ticket in my name for a local lottery that paid out $500. I
never saw the money directly.

I do things ass backwards. I save my money and when I am able I buy what
I want for cash. I did buy a car on credit once. It was one of those $99
down and 0% deals and it was an effort to improve my credit rating. When
you pay cash for everything you don't have much of a credit rating.

It does screw up car salesmen. They are programmed to tell you about all
the great financing options and they will repeatedly do so even if you
tell them up front it's a cash deal.
Old September 23rd 18, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

decent old car. With a 2nd hand car, for the same money, you get more
engine, more space, more extras.

The last used car I bought, a Geo Metro, was an experiment. It did not
have more engine, more space, or more extras but that was the point.
Old September 23rd 18, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 09/23/2018 12:00 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
I prefer to buy old decent cars than new **** cars.

Anyone with even half a clue realises that there are new decent cars
too and that they are a lot less farting around with their very long
warrantys now if you do have a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYf9Uw-6Ak

Some of us don't need our number to come in to be able to afford them.
Corse the Phucker is an unemployable pov.

I never won a lottery...

I never have either, presumably because I am never silly enough to buy a
ticket.

A couple of the relos were into giving those as a present
when I was a kid, but I never won anything with any of those.

Okay, I did once when I was a kid. My father bought a ticket in my name
for a local lottery that paid out $500. I never saw the money directly.

I do things ass backwards. I save my money and when I am able I buy what I
want for cash.

I do too except with houses and just the one
new car when I had just started working.

I did buy a car on credit once.

Yeah, me too.

It was one of those $99 down and 0% deals

Mine wasn't.

and it was an effort to improve my credit rating.

We don't need to do that.

When you pay cash for everything you don't have much of a credit rating.

We don't need one.

It does screw up car salesmen. They are programmed to tell you about all
the great financing options and they will repeatedly do so even if you
tell them up front it's a cash deal.

Never had that here. On the most recent one where I got the
best price I could find in the state capital, which I don't live
in, I told the dealer principal on the phone what was the best
price I found, had him tell me his delivery cost was a little higher
than theirs was, so we agreed on that marginally higher price.
He didn't even mention finance.

Old September 23rd 18, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:27:35 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 01:45 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:06:46 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/23/2018 09:13 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution.

Isn't everyone?

Er, no.

Most are. 5% of the population have 95% of the money, or some figures
close to that.

Many are ****ing idiots that are living beyond their means.

50% of most people's outgoings are their mortgage. Land is too damn expensive, because we're vastly overpopulated. We're not actually buying anything real, just the right to use a bit of land.
Old September 23rd 18, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Well you can do.

This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM