Adjusting to an Upright Saddle?

Old June 23rd 09, 07:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°

Default Roadie Riddle, was Adjusting to an Upright Saddle?

On 2009-06-22, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
datakoll aka Gene Daniels wrote:
On Jun 21, 8:23 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
datakoll wrote:
yup, muh butt goes first.
POTD.
Procession of the Dead ?

itsa bummer. not TdF material, at 45 miles I'm reading to bang out the
last 10 and my butt begins screaming.
Is there a cure ?[...]

There is a cure, but I am not allowed to mention it here.

You mean one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bauchliegerad2.jpg

LOL!

The prone bike is reported to climb well and has a low frontal area, but
little else to recommend it.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old July 11th 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default Adjusting to an Upright Saddle?

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:10:28 +0000, jobst.brandt wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

For those who take winters off riding, what is the best way to
re-acclimate to sitting on the saddle? Should rides be limited to
where there is no after ride soreness, or is it better to ride to where
there is some soreness, then take a couple of days off?

As with many such changes, ride enough to feel you've had enough, but
without any blisters that are usually setbacks. I think you'll find
that riding such rides gets easier with time. I wouldn't worry about
soreness, but rather skin damage.

I need to work up to two (2) 30-40 minute rides per day to cover

commuting. You should reach that fairly soon, when you consider some
people ride 12 hours without difficulty.

Jobst Brandt

I used to do 12 to 14 hour rides a few years back but now my sit down
parts and my wrists start to complain after about 3 hours. It may be just
getting the callouses built up again or I need to lose about 20 pounds to
get in top cycling shape again. I have been toying with buying some of
those super padded foam hand grips but haven't tried yet.
Bill Baka
Old July 11th 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Blusterin' Bill Baka bleated:

I used to do 12 to 14 hour rides a few years back

ROTFL On your purple girls Huffy?!? Or maybe that infamous 50-mph Big
Wheel you rode at age 4? ROTFL

You also claimed to do "off-road centuries" in 5-6 hours...in blue
jeans...WITH a morbidly obese pal in tow. LOL

Bill, you're simply the Biggest Blatant Bull****ter to come down the pike in
many, many years.

We shall await your next "forever farewell" from here, only to see you pop
up again in a few months with more bogus stories than ever before.

Bill "a true fan" S.

A signature file called "Bill Baka's Political Wisdom":

"We aren't ready for a black, even half black, that much is true.
We better never be ready for a Hispanic or we are doomed.
A woman will get in sooner or later, as will a half-black."

-- Bill Baka

Old July 11th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Bill Sornson wrote:
Blusterin' Bill Baka bleated:

I used to do 12 to 14 hour rides a few years back

ROTFL On your purple girls Huffy?!? Or maybe that infamous 50-mph Big
Wheel you rode at age 4? ROTFL

You also claimed to do "off-road centuries" in 5-6 hours...in blue
jeans...WITH a morbidly obese pal in tow. LOL

Bill, you're simply the Biggest Blatant Bull****ter to come down the pike in
many, many years.

He's nothing compared to Andre the Jutebag.

Old July 11th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Tom Sherman wrote:

[...]

I wrote none of the above. Please don't attribute that to me and
don't use my sig.

Jobst Brandt

Jobst,

Did you not write "As with many such changes, ride enough to feel you've
had enough, but without any blisters that are usually setbacks. I think
you'll find that riding such rides gets easier with time. I wouldn't
worry about soreness, but rather skin damage." and "You should reach

Old July 11th 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

z wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Blusterin' Bill Baka bleated:

I used to do 12 to 14 hour rides a few years back

No, On a real bike and at only an average of about 10 to 12 MPH.
I kept getting off to smell the roses and pilfer the blackberry bushes.

ROTFL On your purple girls Huffy?!? Or maybe that infamous 50-mph
Big Wheel you rode at age 4? ROTFL

Give it up moron. The Huffy lasted about 10,000 miles before it all
started falling apart. The 50 MPH should have been "felt like 50 to a 4
to 5 year old.". It was actually 20 to 25 MPH, verified by a car coast.

You also claimed to do "off-road centuries" in 5-6 hours...in blue
jeans...WITH a morbidly obese pal in tow. LOL

You obviously can't remember that I never took him anywhere since he
can't even handle his Eddy Lawson racer anymore. I tried blue jeans a
few days back and only the soft shorts underneath saved me.

Bill, you're simply the Biggest Blatant Bull****ter to come down the
pike in many, many years.

You are a trolling fool then since most of what I did is on record
somewhere, even on my film from the top of an electrical tower. My Huffy
looked like a toy down there on the ground.

He's nothing compared to Andre the Jutebag.

We shall await your next "forever farewell" from here, only to see you
pop up again in a few months with more bogus stories than ever before.

Bogus? I hit almost 40 MPH on a medium downhill a few days back with my
legs on the pedals and the saddle bags full of camera stuff and food.
Take a backpack and fold the bags in and get on the main highway and it
gets to about 55 MPH. It's just physics, moron.
Bill Baka again.

Old July 11th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:14:43 -0700, Bill Sornson wrote:

Blusterin' Bill Baka bleated:

I used to do 12 to 14 hour rides a few years back

ROTFL On your purple girls Huffy?!? Or maybe that infamous 50-mph Big
Wheel you rode at age 4? ROTFL

You also claimed to do "off-road centuries" in 5-6 hours...in blue
jeans...WITH a morbidly obese pal in tow. LOL

Bill, you're simply the Biggest Blatant Bull****ter to come down the
pike in many, many years.

We shall await your next "forever farewell" from here, only to see you
pop up again in a few months with more bogus stories than ever before.

Bill "a true fan" S.

A signature file called "Bill Baka's Political Wisdom":

"We aren't ready for a black, even half black, that much is true.
We better never be ready for a Hispanic or we are doomed. A woman will
get in sooner or later, as will a half-black."

-- Bill Baka

LOL!!! Nice to see there's somebody else besides me who recognizes
bull**** when he reads it. Bill_the_Blowhard (Baka) is a ****ing
laughingstock and a bull****ter of the first order.

Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg
Old July 11th 09, 09:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 03:42:31 +0000, Dan C wrote:

LOL!!! Nice to see there's somebody else besides me who recognizes
bull**** when he reads it. Bill_the_Blowhard (Baka) is a ****ing
laughingstock and a bull****ter of the first order.

If you wanted to verify some of my achievements they are on the public
record books, but only the ones where I got caught. I am in the
Healdsburg weekly crime report for getting into a fist/open hand fight
with the mayor's kid in 2001. I could post the pictures from the top of a
million volt tower if I can find them. What I said I did, I damn well
did, tricycle not withstanding. You may think I am a laughingstock but I
damned well dare you to do anything with me as the guide just so I can
watch you wet your depends.
You Dan are just a *COWARD* hiding behind a computer.
I have plenty of scars (and a few teeth knocked out) from my exploits.
Dan C, big mouthed sissy momma's boy.

Bill Baka, who actually did it.

Old July 11th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Tom Sherman wrote:

[...]

I wrote nothing negative about you in this message. My wrists getting
sore may be my age catching up with me but the saddle thing is from pure
goofing off this last winter. I can only do about a 5 hour ride right now
without getting wiped so getting out of shape is a lot easier than
staying in shape.
I may, just *may* get in one of those all day rides before summer leaves
us.
Bill Baka
12 MPH is perfect for sightseeing since I am not training for anything at
60. Senior Olympics?

Bill Baka
Old July 11th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Colin Nelson

Bill wrote:
[...]

We (in the U.K.) have a saying ... 'Empty barrels make the most noise'.

--
Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat ... But the wind is mostly in your face