Gas will be $4.00 a gallon by Monday 9-05…

Old September 3rd 05, 09:04 PM
ReptilesBlade

Default Gas will be $4.00 a gallon by Monday 9-05…

This is very reliable information I got from the person who runs my local
Mobil station. Keep in mind this information is coming from St. Louis
Missouri.

By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in nation wide) will
be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after that it will
be $5.00 a gallon.

I just wanted to put the word out as best I could to help as many people as I
could avoid getting taken by surprise.

Thank you and buy a bike. I recommend Trek personally.

--
---
END OF LINE.

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 3rd 05, 09:37 PM
mo fo

buy stock in bike companies. I like trek, too.

~Rob

:
: By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in
nation wide) will
: be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after
that it will
: be $5.00 a gallon.
:
: I just wanted to put the word out as best I could to help as
many people as I
: could avoid getting taken by surprise.
:
: Thank you and buy a bike. I recommend Trek personally.
:
:
: --
: ---
: END OF LINE.
:
: Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
: ----------------------------------------------------------
: ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
: ----------------------------------------------------------
: http://www.usenet.com

Old September 3rd 05, 11:32 PM

mo fo wrote:
:
: By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in
nation wide) will
: be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after
that it will
: be $5.00 a gallon.

Exxon-Mobil made $38 billion in net profit last quarter. No telling
how much they'll clear this quarter. Can you say "gouging," group?
Richard Nixon could. I kind of wish we still had Republicans running
things, instead of Neocons.

Bill, noting that hardly anybody laughs at my trailer anymore.

| Blind faith in your leaders--or in anything-- |
| will get you killed. |
| --Bruce Springsteen |
Old September 3rd 05, 11:45 PM
Earl Bollinger

"ReptilesBlade" wrote in message
This is very reliable information I got from the person who runs my local
Mobil station. Keep in mind this information is coming from St. Louis
Missouri.

By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in nation wide)
will
be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after that it
will
be $5.00 a gallon.

I just wanted to put the word out as best I could to help as many people
as I
could avoid getting taken by surprise.

Thank you and buy a bike. I recommend Trek personally.

It doesn't worry me at all.
I commute by bicycle regularly to work every day, and I have a special
beater shopping bike with racks and baskets too.
I haven't had to put gas in my truck for quite a while now.
I started training on my bikes quite a while ago and bought all the stuff I
needed months ago.
So I am all set.
My commute is near the maximun one can do though, 23 miles one way, so I
don't suggest one should do that unless they have been riding a lot already.
I built up to it over time. Now it is no problem, even in the Texas summer
heat. Albeit when it was 103 outside it was pretty tough.
Anyway, I figured with all the mileage I wanted to ride during the week the
only way to do it was by commuting, it actually gives me more free time that
way.
I just finished bike riding over and back from our local Cosco, and got
several jars of Folger's instant coffee, as it was only $2.97 per 16oz jar.
You do know that something like 1.7million pounds or bags or so of coffee
was in a flooded warehouse in New Orleans. Coffee prices will be way over
the top pretty soon when people run out soon.. of course the warehouse could
have been spared, but I doubt it.
Anyway I gotta have my coffee in the morning.

Old September 4th 05, 12:32 AM
Mike Kruger

wrote in message

Bill, noting that hardly anybody laughs at my trailer anymore.

| Blind faith in your leaders--or in anything-- |
| will get you killed. |
| --Bruce Springsteen |

Too true to be funny right now.

Old September 4th 05, 12:40 AM
Mike Kruger

"ReptilesBlade" wrote in message
This is very reliable information I got from the person who runs my local
Mobil station. Keep in mind this information is coming from St. Louis
Missouri.

By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in nation wide)
will
be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after that it
will
be $5.00 a gallon.

Just to make it interesting:
I will donate $50 to the Salvation Army in your name IF you provide credible
proof that unleaded regular in being sold on any widespread basis (i.e. not
just a couple of wacko stations) for $5.00 or more in St. Louis (or other
parts of the area, including St. Louis, St. Charles, or Jefferson counties)
at any time on or before September 18, 2005.

Notify me via this newsgroup (by a followup post to this thread).

Mike Kruger

Old September 4th 05, 12:47 AM
Bob

ReptilesBlade wrote:
This is very reliable information I got from the person who runs my local
Mobil station. Keep in mind this information is coming from St. Louis
Missouri.

By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in nation wide) will
be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after that it will
be $5.00 a gallon.

I just wanted to put the word out as best I could to help as many people as I
could avoid getting taken by surprise.

With all due respect to the person that runs your local Mobil station,
gas station managers aren't in any better position to predict gasoline
prices than the rest of us. All of the majors do it the same way: they
call their company stations and tell the manager on duty to change the
pump price *now*, not next week or in two weeks. Franchise holders
(independent owners) get a phone call the night before with the
"suggested" price per gallon. Nobody gets two weeks notice.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old September 4th 05, 01:33 AM
Gooserider

"C Wright" wrote in message
. ..
On 9/3/05 3:04 PM, in article ,
"ReptilesBlade" wrote:

This is very reliable information I got from the person who runs my local
Mobil station. Keep in mind this information is coming from St. Louis
Missouri.

By this coming Monday (in two days) gas everywhere (as in nation wide)
will
be $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded. Within two weeks after that it
will
be $5.00 a gallon.

I just wanted to put the word out as best I could to help as many people
as I
could avoid getting taken by surprise.

Thank you and buy a bike. I recommend Trek personally.

I agree with your last statement, ". . . Buy a bike." And I also like
Trek!
However, the remainder of your statement is not helpful; this and rumors
like it can lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy. That is people believe
that
gas prices will increase substantially so they line up at gas stations in
droves and supply and demand kicks in and prices *do* go up substantially!

Even without hoarding, the price is bound to go up. Taking the rigs in the
Gulf and the refineries on the Mississippi offline is devastating to the
supply chain. I haven't noticed people moderating their usage AT ALL. I rode
my bike to the movie theater today, which is in the next town over(well, the
towns here kind of connect, but anyway). It's about 12 miles from my place
to there, and I was passed by a lot of big trucks and SUVs, pulling boats. I
saw trailers loaded with Jet Skis and ATVs, too. Apparently $3 a gallon is
not enough to change people's lives. I wonder if $5 will? We will see.

Old September 4th 05, 01:36 AM
Gooserider

"Earl Bollinger" wrote in message
[...]

Hey, Earl, you pretty much described my lifestyle. I have a 15-18 mile one
way commute, and I do it 4 days/week. I drive on Monday so I can bring in
uniforms(I have a rack trunk and my scrubs get wrinkled). I also do most of
my errands on my bike. The rising gas prices will affect us, too,
unfortunately. It's going to cost a lot more to truck things to the stores,
and the truckers are going to have to pass on the cost. If they're not
allowed to, I expect a trucker's strike. On that note, why doesnt' the
government SUBSIDIZE DIESEL? Geez, give the truckers a break.