HD Radio

Old May 18th 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default HD Radio

On May 17, 5:56Â*pm, â–€Slack wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:52:06 -0700, JD wrote:
Indie 103 is good, especially Jonesey's Jukebox which is hosted by the
nefarious Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols. Â*However, those dumbasses
need to do something about their signal, which sucks more than pre-
Mount Wilson KNAC. Â*KLOS is kicking and scratching though, with Jim
Ladd playing free form Rock & Roll in prime time weeknights. His shows
apex is his "Theme of Consciousness Fridays". Â*The show is 100%
listener requests 9PM to 1AM, based on a predetermined weekly theme.
Also they have KLOS Late Night where unnamed celebs are jockeying free
form from 1AM to 5AM. Â*Last night I heard a Scorpions song that
yes.com missed because it was too obscure to be digitized and read by
their equipment. Â*Sometimes the Late Night show is very, very good and
skips the mundane same old over and over crap that Rock stations have
become.

JD

I thought Fly to the Rainbow was their first album. It was certainly my Â*
first Scorps album.http://www.mp3sugar.com/scorpions-s152/4/

Btw, Â*mp3sugar.com also has all the old UFO stuff.
--
Slack- Hide quoted text -

Lonesome Crow was their first and Michael Schenker kicked ass on it.

JD

Old May 19th 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Fri, 18 May 2007 13:12:36 -0700, JD wrote:

[...]

Damn, I can't believe I never heard that album. It is so far from
anything else they produced.
Full on Jazz influence. By and far the best music synergism they ever
had. Bass and drums
were always just background for them, but not on Lonesome Crow.

I still love a lot of their later stuff, esp Love Drive, but after
listening to Lonesome Crow, I can now
hear the formula in much of their music.
--
Slack
Old May 20th 07, 05:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 18, 8:33Â*pm, â–€Slack wrote:
[...]

Damn, I can't believe I never heard that album. Â*It is so far from Â*
anything else they produced.
Full on Jazz influence. Â*By and far the best music synergism they ever Â*
had. Â*Bass and drums
were always just background for them, but not on Lonesome Crow.

I still love a lot of their later stuff, esp Love Drive, but after Â*
listening to Lonesome Crow, I can now
hear the formula in much of their music.
--
Slack

Lovedrive featured Michael on a few songs because he was ditching UFO
for a while. My favorite on that particular LP was "Coast To Coast".
I've owned Lonesome Crow for quite a few years on CD. If it was not
for Rhino Records, that might not have been possible because it's on
the Rhino Rampage label. Lonesome Crow was very unique and wouldn't
sound a lot like the Scorps without Klaus.

JD

Two way radio Mitch Berg General 31 July 28th 06 07:28 PM
BBC radio Jack Russell Australia 0 July 26th 06 12:12 AM
And later, here on Radio 4... Mark McNeill UK 1 July 19th 06 10:20 PM
On Radio 4 this morning MartinM UK 0 January 27th 06 10:19 AM
Radio 4 now John Hearns UK 3 July 1st 04 06:04 PM