Black Diamond???

Old July 4th 03, 05:27 AM
Critic

Default Black Diamond???

All references to freeriding in the latest issue of Mountainbike Action have
been replaced with the term "black diamond". Even readers' letters have
been editted. Politcal correctness at its worst.

Old July 4th 03, 07:13 AM
Xtc

I read Mountainbike Action on a regular basis, but I think they went just a
tad to far. Such arrogance.

Old July 4th 03, 08:32 AM
Westie

"Xtc" wrote in message
I read Mountainbike Action on a regular basis, but I think they went just

tad to far. Such arrogance.

What? Have I missed something?
--
Westie

Old July 4th 03, 12:01 PM
Matthew Paterson

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:27:50 +0000, Critic wrote:

All references to freeriding in the latest issue of Mountainbike Action
have been replaced with the term "black diamond". Even readers' letters
have been editted. Politcal correctness at its worst.

For those of us who dont read MBA. Why did they do that?

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet
Old July 4th 03, 12:35 PM
Peter Tønnesen

"Critic" skrev i en meddelelse
All references to freeriding in the latest issue of Mountainbike Action

have
been replaced with the term "black diamond". Even readers' letters have
been editted. Politcal correctness at its worst.

I am one of MBAs readers to, but have bot read the last issue, could you
please explain what the black diamond is? I think its a nice mag without
lots of ****ty stories and freaky layout like "bike", so if they have become
a tad to far out, i would like to know in which ways :-) Im from Denmark, so
maybe i dont see things the way you do, so please cut it out for me :-)

Peet

Old July 4th 03, 12:54 PM
Xtc

Default Ending the confusion

Ok, here goes, quote from MountainBike Action's August 03 issue on page 17.
" You'll notice in this issue that we've begun to use a new term to describe
a bike and a type of riding. The term is black diamond. When referring to
bikes, it means those with over five inches of travel or that have two or
less chainrings. Black-diamond riding refers to extreme riding (like the Red
Bull Rampage) and down-hilling. It replaces the term freeriding because that
word has come to incorrectly conjure images of mountain bikers riding off
established trails. Freeriding is sometimes confused with epic or
all-mountain riding (long rides on singletrack, dirt roads and jeep trails).

Old July 4th 03, 02:01 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Xtc" wrote in message
Ok, here goes, quote from MountainBike Action's August 03 issue on page

17.
" You'll notice in this issue that we've begun to use a new term to

describe
a bike and a type of riding. The term is black diamond. When referring to
bikes, it means those with over five inches of travel or that have two or
less chainrings.

hee hee hee singlespeeders are now extreme "black diamond" riders

Steve E.

Old July 4th 03, 02:29 PM

Matthew Paterson wrote in message news:pan.2003.07.04.11.01.20.896890.448@teamlinux .org.uk...
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:27:50 +0000, Critic wrote:

All references to freeriding in the latest issue of Mountainbike Action
have been replaced with the term "black diamond". Even readers' letters
have been editted. Politcal correctness at its worst.

For those of us who dont read MBA. Why did they do that?

They are using the new term in place of Freeriding, which they state
incorrectly conjers images of off trail riding.
Old July 4th 03, 02:46 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Matthew Paterson wrote in message
newsan.2003.07.04.13.32.07.145324.319@teamlinux. org.uk...

3 inches or 8 inches. Who
cares!

Your girl?

--
Matt

Fear of a being unable to satisfy.

Shaun aRe

Old July 6th 03, 05:46 PM
D.Lawrie

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message

"Xtc" wrote in message
Ok, here goes, quote from MountainBike Action's August 03 issue on page

17.
" You'll notice in this issue that we've begun to use a new term to

describe
a bike and a type of riding. The term is black diamond. When referring

bikes, it means those with over five inches of travel or that have two

or
less chainrings.

hee hee hee singlespeeders are now extreme "black diamond" riders

Steve E.

does a bashguard count as a chainring??

Cam