Campagnolo bottom bracket axle.

Old August 4th 05, 07:17 PM

Default Campagnolo bottom bracket axle.

Anyone know of a generic axle for the early thin-wall cups? For a 68mm
bracket, thought I had one in the shed but it must be hiding. I have
not measured the instep to the centres of the race yet but guess at an
axle 3mm longer between bearing centres than the 68-SS unit on another
bike with the later cups.
A spare stronglight axle from a 70mm bracket set is a shade too
short.

Old August 4th 05, 07:47 PM
bfd

check out bicycle classics:

http://www.bicycleclassics.com/bottom.html

Old August 19th 05, 06:41 PM

Thanks gentlemen, found a Suntour and it works a treat, the lockring
and cup are nearly flush when the thing is fitted. many thanks.