Viva Binda

Old August 4th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
sergio

Default Viva Binda

I have known the graffitti 'Viva Binda' for years, near the corner of
the building (first link) behind the branches that in this season try
to impede its view.
I find it truly amazing that it has survived so long.
It is just before Ponte Nelle Alpi, on the way from Vittorio Veneto to
Cortina d'Ampezzo.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina1qx6.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina2gk9.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina3bu1.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina4ji5.jpg

Sergio
Pisa

Old August 4th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
G.T.

sergio wrote:
I have known the graffitti 'Viva Binda' for years, near the corner of
the building (first link) behind the branches that in this season try
to impede its view.
I find it truly amazing that it has survived so long.
It is just before Ponte Nelle Alpi, on the way from Vittorio Veneto to
Cortina d'Ampezzo.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina1qx6.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina2gk9.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina3bu1.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina4ji5.jpg

Do you have a picture of "Viva Binda"?

Greg

--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old August 4th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield

On 08/04/2007 11:27 AM, in article ,
"G.T." wrote:

sergio wrote:
I have known the graffitti 'Viva Binda' for years, near the corner of
the building (first link) behind the branches that in this season try
to impede its view.

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina2gk9.jpg

Do you have a picture of "Viva Binda"?

Look through the branches, lower right corner ... You can see "BINDA"

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old August 4th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
sergio

On 4 Ago, 19:54, "Steven L. Sheffield"
Do you have a picture of "Viva Binda"?

Look through the branches, lower right corner ... You can see "BINDA"

I have posted essentially the same info to an italian newsgroup and a
guy countered with this quite appropriate shot:

A Foligno c'è la risposta.
http://www.claudiocolombo.net/Ciclog...15-Foligno.htm

Sergio
Pisa

Old August 4th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

http://tinyurl.com/37vwm7

Old August 4th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
A Muzi

sergio wrote:
I have known the graffitti 'Viva Binda' for years, near the corner of
the building (first link) behind the branches that in this season try
to impede its view.
I find it truly amazing that it has survived so long.
It is just before Ponte Nelle Alpi, on the way from Vittorio Veneto to
Cortina d'Ampezzo.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina1qx6.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina2gk9.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina3bu1.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina4ji5.jpg

That is so totally cool!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 5th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 4, 5:48 am, sergio wrote:
I have known the graffitti 'Viva Binda' for years, near the corner of
the building (first link) behind the branches that in this season try
to impede its view.
I find it truly amazing that it has survived so long.
It is just before Ponte Nelle Alpi, on the way from Vittorio Veneto to
Cortina d'Ampezzo.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina1qx6.jpg http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina2gk9.jpg http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina3bu1.jpg http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina4ji5.jpg

Impressive! It reminds me of the ghost signs one
sees on the sides of buildings, often in industrial
areas not ever redeveloped, painted to advertise
products or business gone many decades ago.

Ben

Old August 5th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 4, 6:48 am, sergio wrote:
I have known the graffitti 'Viva Binda' for years, near the corner of
the building (first link) behind the branches that in this season try
to impede its view.
I find it truly amazing that it has survived so long.
It is just before Ponte Nelle Alpi, on the way from Vittorio Veneto to
Cortina d'Ampezzo.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ortina4ji5.jpg

Sergio
Pisa

Dear Sergio,

For the curious . . .

http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/rid...asp?rider_id=7

I like the monster anti-aero mudflap in the two b&w photos more than
the butterfly rear axle nut or the bandoliered tubular.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

Old August 5th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 4, 9:24 pm, wrote:

For the curious . . .

http://www.cyclinghalloffame.com/rid...asp?rider_id=7

Alfredo Binda Extra toe straps were so well-loved and well-used back
in the '80s, we might've painted "Viva Binda" on the wall of the
College Shoe Shop on merit of the straps alone.

Robert

Old August 5th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
MyPostingID

"I like the monster anti-aero mudflap in the two b&w photos more than
the butterfly rear axle nut or the bandoliered tubular. "

And only one logo on the clothing!