where can I buy a tire? 27" x 1.25"

Old April 15th 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ablang

Default where can I buy a tire? 27" x 1.25"

My tire finally gave out and I'm looking for a brand new one.

I'd like to be able to get free shipping, and I also want a tire that
is puncture-resistance, so it would hopefully have kevlar technology.

Where would you buy it at?
Old April 15th 09, 01:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 15, 1:14*am, Ablang wrote:
My tire finally gave out and I'm looking for a brand new one.

I'd like to be able to get free shipping, and I also want a tire that
is puncture-resistance, so it would hopefully have kevlar technology.

Where would you buy it at?

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/
There is a lot more tires available in a 700c tires size, if you have
long reach brakes.
Old April 15th 09, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ru4linux2

On Apr 15, 1:14*am, Ablang wrote:
My tire finally gave out and I'm looking for a brand new one.

I'd like to be able to get free shipping, and I also want a tire that
is puncture-resistance, so it would hopefully have kevlar technology.

Where would you buy it at?

You might find something to suit you he-

www.everybicycletire.com

Lewis.

*****
Old April 15th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Ablang" wrote in message
My tire finally gave out and I'm looking for a brand new one.

I'd like to be able to get free shipping, and I also want a tire that
is puncture-resistance, so it would hopefully have kevlar technology.

Where would you buy it at?

Most local bike shops should have that size (actually 27 x 1 1/4 is the
more-likely size written on the tire; a decimal-expressed size implies a
different bead structure). Bontrager makes a tire that's had a fair
amount of positive recommendations in newsgroups called the "Hardcase"
that has not just a kevlar-type belt but also much thicker tread. Any
Trek dealer can get one quickly for you, if they don't already have them
in stock. Part# 86700.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old April 15th 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Apr 15, 2:14*am, Ablang wrote:
My tire finally gave out and I'm looking for a brand new one.

I'd like to be able to get free shipping, and I also want a tire that
is puncture-resistance, so it would hopefully have kevlar technology.

Where would you buy it at?

I like the Prima Pluses from Nashbar. They're a belted tire with a
pretty supple skinwall. On sale now for $10, if you get two that makes
em $13 each with shipping. Only negative is that the tread will wear
faster than some tires if you do a lot of miles. I also really like
the 27x1 1/4 Vittoria Zaffiro. In that size, it's exceptionally
pleasant.