Groin injury?

Old January 4th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Groin injury?

So after I fell on my Swiss army knife and cell phone the other day as I
was trying to learn how to ride my new machine, I decided to get back
on and try some more, ignoring the pain. At one point when I fell off
again (that happened a lot that day, and is still happening, but I'm
okay with that, at least I'm learning), the unicycle twisted to the
left slightly and shot out behind me, and as it went the front left
part of the saddle sort of "grabbed" me in the groin area (not any of
the important, er, working parts, just above and to the left). After
that, I'd have to be careful how I sat, or it would hurt quite a bit.

Today, after days of rain, I finally got a chance to get back outside
and on the unicycle (yay!). Things went pretty well (aside from my
crazy neighbor, but that's a whole 'nother story) in that I got up to
two full crank revolutions, and actually felt for the briefest second
like I was riding. What didn't go so well was that I still have pain
in that upper left area of my groin. If I'd sit a certain way, or if
I'd UPD and the unicycle seat would rub the area, it would hurt quite a
bit; when everything was, er, positioned well it wasn't bad, but I
could still feel it.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this. It
seems to me that what happened might be akin to what happens when you
hit a hard surface where you have clothing on, and although the
clothing doesn't tear, your skin gets somehow magically abraded. I'm
thinking maybe something tore inside, even though the skin looks fine.

There's no apparent swelling, but I iced it anyway when I got inside.
Not sure what else to do. Take time off it for a week (boooo, hiss)?
Don't take time off, but be careful with it?

Any suggestions/comments/similar experiences?

Thanks,
Rich

--
RichVoice

http://richonaunicycle.blogspot.com
RichVoice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11400

Old January 4th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

RichVoice! You are not alone!

I've lost count of the number of groin injuries I've had to sustain! I
threw up once because of the pain, happy days!

I imagine that you have a nasty bruise under your skin. If it doesn't
fade after a few days I'd check it out. Probably nothing to worry about
though.

AndyC

--
andycookuk

"Wisest is he who knows he knows nothing"
andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

Old January 4th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ritch where abouts in san jo are you we should ride or something

--
unicyclistben

http://willowglenbicycles.com/site/intro.cfm
unicyclistben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10897

Old January 4th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

dont take . get aa breakn airseat, and continue. or dont like me. just
ride anyway. ive hurt the boys so many times, but theyre used to it by
now.

--
chosen

respectfully,
jonny
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/cw3lv)
I LOVE THIS END UP
open toed socks like we rock birkenstocks
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

Old January 5th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yeah that happend to me a couple days ago. here is the story:
Ok, so i was at the skatepark, and i was ridding my aggressive
rollarblades.(both my unis are broken) i dropped in and was skating
across the half pipe. I was going up the inverted quarter pipe i was
thinking to do a 1-footed skate grab turn around stall thingy... i kind
of made that up. To make a hard-to-explain-story short. i fell down the
pipe backwards and hit my hip pretty bad. ionce i got home i took a
look at it and i couldnt even tell anything happend there. i tink i
might have bruised the bone or something. but thats not the only thing
that hurts. it feels as if my skin has streched. it kinda
hurts
is the injury sort of the same thing as yours?

--
manon1wheel

now im lvl 6!
-.- T1me to overthrow most replies!!-.-
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old January 5th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yup... thats part of this lonely sport.

--
musketman
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old January 5th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

manon1wheel wrote:
it feels as if my skin has streched. it kinda hurts
is the injury sort of the same thing as yours?

Sort of. Difficult to describe. Doesn't really feel like a muscle
pull, but it does feel like something just under the surface got pulled
or stretched or something.

chosen wrote:
ive hurt the boys so many times, but theyre used to it by now.

*That* kind of pain I'm familiar with. I took some martial arts
training a while back, and took a few hits; it doesn't really bother me
all that much. Just curl up for a couple of hours and I'm good to go.
This is different.

unicyclistben wrote:
where abouts in san jo are you we should ride or something

Ben, I'm near the 85/87 junction, not far from Willow Glen. When I'm
up to actually riding, I'll let you know!

Rich

Old January 5th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i work in willow glen on most saturdays you should stop by willow glen
bike shop (where i work) and i can give you some tips. PM before u
do tho.

Old January 5th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The injury sounds like it's in Inguinal Hernia territory.
I would have it checked out asap.
If you want to know anything about hernias, speak to 'myself or Bugman'
(http://tinyurl.com/czxx5).

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
_if_i'm_murdered,_don't_execute_my_killer._
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old January 5th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I actually thought of a minor hernia, but I have a hard time believing
that the amount of pain that I'm experiencing rises to the level of
pain that I'd probably be experiencing with a hernia, especially since
I'm experiencing no pain while bearing down. Still, thanks for the
reminder; I'll see how it feels for the next few days, maybe hold off
on continuing my learning curve, and if it persists I'll get it checked
out.

Rich

--
RichVoice

http://richonaunicycle.blogspot.com
RichVoice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11400

BMA page updated Just zis Guy, you know? UK 8 March 4th 05 11:35 PM
[Long] ASA vs CTC Not Responding UK 18 January 20th 05 12:36 AM
Bicycle helmets help prevent serious head injury among children, part one. John Doe UK 3 November 30th 04 03:46 PM