Video of a mass bicycle race crash with long slide?

Old August 18th 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Ridesalot

Default Video of a mass bicycle race crash with long slide?

Hi there.

A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to a
You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
any of you have a link to this You Tube video?

Thank you and cheers from Peter
Old August 18th 11, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Plano Dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jeB9_VmkNc
Old August 18th 11, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Plano Dude wrote:
On Aug 17, 8:11 pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Hi there.

A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to
a You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
any of you have a link to this You Tube video?

Thank you and cheers from Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jeB9_VmkNc

http://www.amazon.com/Slip-Slide-Wav.../dp/B00003CYPS

-S-

Old August 18th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Ridesalot

On Aug 17, 10:57*pm, Plano Dude wrote:
On Aug 17, 8:11*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Hi there.

A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to a
You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
any of you have a link to this You Tube video?

Thank you and cheers from Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jeB9_VmkNc

Hi there.

Thank you very much. That is the short version. There is another much
longer version of the same stage and crash. At least now I know what
year to look for.

Thanks again and cheers from Peter
Old August 19th 11, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Aug 18, 5:47*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Who is Peter and why are you relaying his felicitations?