REDLINE MONOCOG PROBLEMS

Old August 23rd 04, 07:40 PM
Polly

Default REDLINE MONOCOG PROBLEMS

Hey there

So I sold one of my customers one of those dumbass redline mono-cog bikes. I
am refering to it in that way because try going to redlines website to send
them and email.. theres no link.. ok no prob its owned by seattle bike
supply.. no email link on there sit either..nice

In any case heres the problem.. rear hub has a weird noise.. I have repacked
it.. nothing still there. checked spoke tension..still there.
Apparently another shop replaced the rear wheel, still the noise is there..

Any ideas?? could it be the singlespeed freewheel? cranks? frame??

Any body on here like sheldon or another dealer have an email addy for
seattle bike supply ? I would love to discuss with them this problem...

Thanks

polly

Old August 23rd 04, 11:09 PM
Tuschinski

Polly Wrote:
Hey there

So I sold one of my customers one of those dumbass redline mono-co
bikes. I
am refering to it in that way because try going to redlines website t
send
them and email.. theres no link.. ok no prob its owned by seattle bike
supply.. no email link on there sit either..nice

In any case heres the problem.. rear hub has a weird noise.. I hav
repacked
it.. nothing still there. checked spoke tension..still there.
Apparently another shop replaced the rear wheel, still the noise i
there..

Any ideas?? could it be the singlespeed freewheel? cranks? frame??

Any body on here like sheldon or another dealer have an email addy for
seattle bike supply ? I would love to discuss with them thi
problem...

Thanks

polly

So you sold a customer a bike from a company you had no prior contac
with? And AFTER you sold the bike you find out that you can't contac
them for service? How could you sell that bike??? I am -very- happ
that you are not my dealer.

-Curiosity kicks in: How could you order the bike, mail order, phone
Through that contact you can not reach them?

It doesn't surprise me your customer went to another shop to get th
wheel fixed... too bad for him they were incompetent too as it seems i
isn't fixed yet. I cringe at what that poor guy/gal has to pay for thi
fine sell.

One of the reasons I love my LBS is because he flatly refuses to orde
stuff he can not support properly or doesn't trust. It is no wonder h
has so many happy customers

--
Tuschinski

Old August 23rd 04, 11:40 PM
Ronald

One of the reasons I love my LBS is because he flatly refuses to order
stuff he can not support properly or doesn't trust. It is no wonder he
has so many happy customers.

Ok, i dare you to ask your LBS to order a Redline Monocog. Please post back with the results.

"Tuschinski" wrote in message

Polly Wrote:
[...]

So you sold a customer a bike from a company you had no prior contact
with? And AFTER you sold the bike you find out that you can't contact
them for service? How could you sell that bike??? I am -very- happy
that you are not my dealer.

-Curiosity kicks in: How could you order the bike, mail order, phone?
Through that contact you can not reach them?

It doesn't surprise me your customer went to another shop to get the
wheel fixed... too bad for him they were incompetent too as it seems it
isn't fixed yet. I cringe at what that poor guy/gal has to pay for this
fine sell.

Old August 23rd 04, 11:43 PM
Ronald

So I sold one of my customers one of those dumbass redline mono-cog bikes. I
am refering to it in that way because try going to redlines website to send
them and email.. theres no link.. ok no prob its owned by seattle bike
supply.. no email link on there sit either..nice

In any case heres the problem.. rear hub has a weird noise.. I have repacked
it.. nothing still there. checked spoke tension..still there.
Apparently another shop replaced the rear wheel, still the noise is there..

Any ideas?? could it be the singlespeed freewheel? cranks? frame??

Any body on here like sheldon or another dealer have an email addy for
seattle bike supply ? I would love to discuss with them this problem...

If you have the company name and city of residence maybe the chamber of commerce can help you with contact information.

Old August 23rd 04, 11:59 PM
Dave Thompson

"Polly" wrote in message
[...]

Seattle Bike Supply
7620 South 192nd Street, Kent, WA 98032
(425) 251-1516

Old August 24th 04, 12:49 AM
Polly

When I posted this I figured sheldon or vechios or ? would have an email for
seattle bike supply.

Basically what generally happens before I post a message on here is I try
everything possible to fix the problem. Me being the type of shop owner I am
will at times chase people down to ask how there bike is... In any case this
problem puzzles me and I wish to fix it. Sometimes however I have the knack
of posting problems to which I am left finding the solution on my own.
Perhaps though someone may have had a similar problem.. almost like its the
sound of a ballbearing dropping on every revolution.

In any case noises are the worst thing to get rid of, so many damn
variables.

Old August 24th 04, 12:51 AM
Polly

WHOA

hey this wasnt posted so you could slam me..
Maybe you should ask around before you starting throwing comments like
that.. gee thanks...

Ok well that was my own dumb idea to post my comments.
I totally left my self opened to be judged as some hack shop
..ok fair enough. I dont wish to say anymore..

Take care

"Tuschinski" wrote in
message ...

Old August 24th 04, 07:22 AM
A Muzi

Polly wrote:

Hey there

So I sold one of my customers one of those dumbass redline mono-cog bikes. I
am refering to it in that way because try going to redlines website to send
them and email.. theres no link.. ok no prob its owned by seattle bike
supply.. no email link on there sit either..nice

In any case heres the problem.. rear hub has a weird noise.. I have repacked
it.. nothing still there. checked spoke tension..still there.
Apparently another shop replaced the rear wheel, still the noise is there..

Any ideas?? could it be the singlespeed freewheel? cranks? frame??

Any body on here like sheldon or another dealer have an email addy for
seattle bike supply ? I would love to discuss with them this problem...

If someone replaced the rear wheel, then the noise isn't due
to Redline's wheel, right? Tell us more about the
replacement wheel and the noise.
Did you try a different freewheel?
Is the new wheel still on chainline?
If the new hub is loose ball type, did you add lubricant and
lock the bearing adjustment?
What is the spoke tension? Loose wheels are notoriously loud
( and unreliable).
Don't be offended but chain tension either very high or very
low can be loud, too. If the wheel moves backwards when you
backpedal in midair, the chain's too tight (or there's a
freewheel problem.)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old August 24th 04, 07:34 AM
A Muzi

Ronald wrote:
Ok, i dare you to ask your LBS to order a Redline Monocog. Please post back with the results.

I sell Redline MonoCog, the frameset, and the new light
version. No weird noises here.

Old August 24th 04, 07:56 AM
Polly

First Im not offended, I was hoping you would chime in eventually.
Spoke tension nada... At this point im not too sure about the replacement
wheel, the other shop may have only repacked the hub im not sure until I get
to view the bike. She did that above and beyond my knowledge.. Could be the
chain maybe, I think I was just going to try everything. Btw your a god for
sending me that Email link...maybe they will even help me with a warranty.
I'll report back when I get the bike.. but I have had a problem like this
before I think it was a .. actually on mine own beater bike I have a crazy
tick noise too...hmm maybe its GHOSTS
I think it would be good to start a thread on hubs and hub noises or even
bike noises. Sometimes you just cant get rid of them, but that could be
because theres some trick im missing.

Thanks again Muzi