REDLINE MONOCOG PROBLEMS

Old August 24th 04, 09:29 AM
Tuschinski

I know I am harsh. But read what you wrote. You sold a customer a bik
of wich you seemingly can't give decent support as you can't reach th
supplier. This brings me immediately to the initial question:

-How can you sell a bike when you aren't sure you can reach th
supplier?-

What was the motive behind the sell? Couldn't you advice a brand yo
are familiar with?

Yes it's harsh. And more than likely unfair. But the way you put i
makes me only feel very sorry for your customer.

I'll try to be less harsh: It is laudable that you go out of your wa
to fix it(but that does come with a sale). I just hope that normall
you sell stuff you can fully endorse and that you will say no t
requests you can not fullfill.

Polly Wrote:
WHOA

hey this wasnt posted so you could slam me..
Maybe you should ask around before you starting throwing comments like
that.. gee thanks...

Ok well that was my own dumb idea to post my comments.
I totally left my self opened to be judged as some hack shop
..ok fair enough. I dont wish to say anymore..

Take care

--
Tuschinski

Old August 24th 04, 09:48 AM
Tuschinski

Ronald Wrote:
One of the reasons I love my LBS is because he flatly refuses t

order
stuff he can not support properly or doesn't trust. It is no wonde

he
has so many happy customers.

Ok, i dare you to ask your LBS to order a Redline Monocog. Please pos
back with the results.

[/color]

-*Polly do not take the next part directed to you, as I do not kno
you. I will believe you go all the way for your customer*-

Ronald, it would be an easy answer as I'm Dutch. He would *never* hel
me order something overseas. But I have some more realistic examples:

My LBS refused to sell me a Ksyrium wheel (and I am only 63kg's) as h
was thoroughly unhappy with the support. He only offered me to build
cheaper custom wheel (Campa Chorus+CXP33) as those he ca
service/support full-heartedly. As a result he has 6 pairs of Ksyriu
wheels unsold.

Last week he refused to order a Koga Miyata for a customer. Koga i
Dutch and has a great service + reputation. But for my LBS this woul
mean going besides his own trusted contacts. He adviced to go to
colleague on the other side of town as they have much shorter lines
Significant in this is that my LBS told the customer that the Koga wa
a fine choice and that the other bike-store was a good one.

These two examples show me that he has heart for his customers. H
rather misses a sale as long as he can fully support his customer. H
supports us beyond the call of duty and as a result. I saw him take
lot of expensive hits in the years I come there.

Does this make him a saint (or an idiot)? Not really. The expensiv
hits he takes he easily makes up by an exploding customer base. h
doesn't just help us so good because he is a nice guy (which he is)
but also because in the end it nets him a lot of cash in sales.

I know how financially difficult it can be as independent shop, but th
shops where the service is fast and qualitatively high have a bigge
chance to thrive. Bikes are a luxury good and good service is a bi
sellingpoint. Price-busting only works untill the complaints flood in
I have seen more than one shop drown in service problems(Not just bik
shops!), eventually leading to it's demise.

I might be strange liking my LBS refusing orders, but I prefer it tha
way

--
Tuschinski

Old August 24th 04, 01:56 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

ronald- Ok, i dare you to ask your LBS to order a Redline Monocog. Please
post back with the results. BRBR

You imply that any bike shop will sell anything just to open the register.
There ARE bike shops that don't sell some of this stuff, 'just because they
can'. But they stand behind what they sell and don't sell things they don't
know about or are sure are junque.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 24th 04, 01:57 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

polly- When I posted this I figured sheldon or vechios or ? would have an
email for
seattle bike supply. BRBR

Call me at the shop, i have a phone number there.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 24th 04, 08:04 PM
papercut

"Polly" wrote in message ...
Hey there

So I sold one of my customers one of those dumbass redline mono-cog bikes. I
am refering to it in that way because try going to redlines website to send
them and email.. theres no link.. ok no prob its owned by seattle bike
supply.. no email link on there sit either..nice

How does one procure a Monocog to sell without any contact info?

In any case heres the problem.. rear hub has a weird noise.. I have repacked
it.. nothing still there. checked spoke tension..still there.
Apparently another shop replaced the rear wheel, still the noise is there..

Any ideas?? could it be the singlespeed freewheel? cranks? frame??

Yes.

Any body on here like sheldon or another dealer have an email addy for
seattle bike supply ? I would love to discuss with them this problem...

Could be a number of things. Mystery noises are always a pain. But
seriously, if you can't find a cause, what are the chances Seattle
Bike will be able to find it via phone or email?
Old August 24th 04, 08:04 PM
Polly

Your replies are based on an emotional response.
The customer is a lady. She is a courier. The bike works great except for a
noise. Now before the noise came up she rode it for 6 months 10-12 hrs a day
5 days a week, maybe a few hrs every weekend. Thats alot of mileage.
Its not broken, it works..actually it works great..it just makes a noise..
think about it.

I love reading the part about me not giving decent support, I repacked the
rear hub on the spot for christ sakes.

"Tuschinski" wrote in
message ...

I know I am harsh. But read what you wrote. You sold a customer a bike
of wich you seemingly can't give decent support as you can't reach the
supplier. This brings me immediately to the initial question:

-How can you sell a bike when you aren't sure you can reach the
supplier?-

What was the motive behind the sell? Couldn't you advice a brand you
are familiar with?

Yes it's harsh. And more than likely unfair. But the way you put it
makes me only feel very sorry for your customer.

I'll try to be less harsh: It is laudable that you go out of your way
to fix it(but that does come with a sale). I just hope that normally
you sell stuff you can fully endorse and that you will say no to

Old August 24th 04, 08:14 PM
Polly

How does one procure a Monocog to sell without any contact info?

Sigh sigh why so many questions...?

The bike was purchased from the canadian supplier or redline genesis cycle.
I figured they will just refer me back to REDLINE which is owned bike
seattle bike supply. Now if you go to either website there is no email to
reach them at.

Its funny the only few persons that offered advice on the problem were MUZI
and Peter.
Now remember the problem is a noise.. The bike isnt unrideable and before
the noise came up it has been well used. It works great except the noise...
so im not the devil, I just eat lunch with him.

So my advice to my armchair critics out there is log out of the newsgroup
before you all have a heart attack.

Old August 24th 04, 08:35 PM
Polly

Ick typos in the last message my apologies to anyone who was injured by
reading the last message...

Old August 25th 04, 12:16 AM
Trevor Jeffrey

Polly wrote in message ...
Your replies are based on an emotional response.
The customer is a lady. She is a courier. The bike works great except for a
noise. Now before the noise came up she rode it for 6 months 10-12 hrs a

day
5 days a week, maybe a few hrs every weekend. Thats alot of mileage.
Its not broken, it works..actually it works great..it just makes a noise..
think about it.

Freewheels click when coasting. The noise will change due to lubrication or
not. Flush the freewheel.

Trevor

Old August 27th 04, 01:22 PM
Polly

Freewheels click when coasting. The noise will change due to lubrication

or
not. Flush the freewheel.

Trevor

Its one click every rotation. I will try that with the freewheel or even
perhaps just replace it, I think it might even come down to me going to pick
the bike up. I dont ever remember a bike shop picking up a bike for me..