ARBR - RIP

Old February 15th 08, 09:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Papa Tom

Default ARBR - RIP

I, too, am disappointed that SEVERAL of the Usenet groups I used to be so
excited to read every day have been destroyed by these jackasses.

I run a non-bicycle-related discussion group over at Google Groups and I've
made it a moderated group solely to avoid trolls, spammers, etc. It works
really great for the members, although I spend A LOT of time filtering out
bad posts and banning the people who sent them.

Perhaps it's time to move this group over to Google and take advantage of
some of the filters that can squash this kind of crap before anybody has to
read it.

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

Only the Great Ed Doan and his weasel of a stalker Jim McNamara have been
on ARBR for the past week with a chirp or two from the peanut gallery,
i.e., Tom Sherman. This newsgroup is now dead as a door nail.

As a general rule I don't respond to trolls, but this is hypocrisy gone
too
far. Yes, you - you personally, none other - have destroyed a Usenet
resource that was useful to other people. And you have done so in the
comfortable knowledge that none of the people who have been harmed by your
actions are near enough to you to smack you in the face as you deserve. I
hope you feel proud.

;; Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they
;; do it from religious conviction." - Pascal