Ringo Star mounted correctly?

Old August 26th 04, 11:58 AM
Derk

Default Ringo Star mounted correctly?

Hi,

I had my mechanic install a Ringo Star by USE.

I am not sure the lower half of the unit (without text) has been installed
the right way.

Could anyone who uses it too tell me whether it's upside down or not?

http://www.dk-forenserver.de/tour/at...id=10289&stc=1

Thanks, Derk
Old August 26th 04, 04:09 PM
Ronald

I had my mechanic install a Ringo Star by USE.

I am not sure the lower half of the unit (without text) has been installed
the right way.

Could anyone who uses it too tell me whether it's upside down or not?

I think it's installed correctly, the non-visible side of the lower ring
should be much more angled than the part showing, see:

http://www.use1.com/ringgostar/fitti...structions.htm

Old August 27th 04, 02:53 AM
Michael P. Bassler

"Derk" wrote in message
Hi,

I had my mechanic install a Ringo Star by USE.

I am not sure the lower half of the unit (without text) has been installed
the right way.

Could anyone who uses it too tell me whether it's upside down or not?

http://www.dk-forenserver.de/tour/at...id=10289&stc=1

Thanks, Derk

I think the part with the screw sitting on the headset is upside down. look
at the install instructions.

http://www.use1.com/ringgostar/fitti...structions.htm

Old August 27th 04, 03:08 AM
PSC

It looks OK to me. I just installed mine this weekend, it's very easy.
It's lighter and much easier to use than a compression plug.
Adjustmnets only require a 2mm allen wrench (USE should provide this as
most people don't have one), not a 4mm as instuctions state. If you
don't have one already, I highly recommend buying one, Performance and
Supergo have them for $25.

--
PSC

Old August 27th 04, 07:35 AM
Ronald

I had my mechanic install a Ringo Star by USE.

I am not sure the lower half of the unit (without text) has been installed
the right way.

Could anyone who uses it too tell me whether it's upside down or not?

I think it's installed correctly, the non-visible side of the lower ring
should be much more angled than the part showing, see:

http://www.use1.com/ringgostar/fitti...structions.htm

Looking at it a second time i'm actually sure it's ok. If it was installed
the wrong way the adjusment bolt would be on the other side ot the ring.

Old August 27th 04, 08:58 AM
Derk

PSC wrote:

Adjustmnets only require a 2mm allen wrench (USE should provide this as
most people don't have one), not a 4mm as instuctions state.

I noticed that too. A bit of text on the lower ring would take all the
guessing out of it.

I read somewhere that the 2mm bolt didn't hold and the thread was damaged
easily. It sure looks tiny to me too.

Thanks, Derk

Old August 27th 04, 08:58 AM
Derk

PSC wrote:

Adjustmnets only require a 2mm allen wrench (USE should provide this as
most people don't have one), not a 4mm as instuctions state.

I noticed that too. A bit of text on the lower ring would take all the
guessing out of it.

I read somewhere that the 2mm bolt didn't hold and the thread was damaged
easily. It sure looks tiny to me too.

Thanks, Derk

FS: Giro Pneumo Lone Star Edition helmet w/ helmet pod Robbie Brown Marketplace 0 November 18th 04 03:44 PM
Ringo Star Derk Techniques 1 August 7th 04 03:27 PM
Star fangled nut problem Paul Davis UK 8 July 18th 04 08:30 PM