Where are Salsa quill stems?

Old August 27th 04, 10:14 PM

Default Where are Salsa quill stems?

The places that usually carry them list them as unavailable.

(remove clothes to reply)
Old August 27th 04, 10:28 PM
Todd Kuzma

B wrote:
The places that usually carry them list them as unavailable.

My sources tell me that Salsa is discontinuing all of their
cromoly stems. That leaves a pretty slim selection of quill
stems in the US. I've been bringing in Nitto Pearl stems to
help fill the gap.

Todd Kuzma
Heron Bicycles
Tullio's Big Dog Cyclery
LaSalle, Il 815-223-1776
http://www.heronbicycles.com
http://www.tullios.com

Old August 27th 04, 11:29 PM
Mike Owens

"Todd Kuzma" wrote in message
B wrote:
The places that usually carry them list them as unavailable.

My sources tell me that Salsa is discontinuing all of their
cromoly stems. That leaves a pretty slim selection of quill
stems in the US. I've been bringing in Nitto Pearl stems to
help fill the gap.

Todd Kuzma
Heron Bicycles
Tullio's Big Dog Cyclery
LaSalle, Il 815-223-1776
http://www.heronbicycles.com
http://www.tullios.com

Pearls are strong and beautiful. A friend had the folks at Rock Lobster
repair and repaint his Serrota. They also made him a color matched steel
quill stem. For a reasonable preice, I think you'll always be able to get a
good quill stem.
-Mike

Old August 27th 04, 11:34 PM

Although Todd is a good source for stems, other good sources for quill
stems, albeit not salsa, is:

Peter White Cycles:
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/stems.asp
and Sheldon Brown:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/stems.html

Old August 28th 04, 03:56 AM
Frank Knox

"B" wrote in message
The places that usually carry them list them as unavailable.

(remove clothes to reply)

Last year I bought one directly from Waterford Precision Cycles where Salsa
stems are/were made. It's worth a phone call if you want one.

Old August 28th 04, 04:02 AM
Tim McNamara

" writes:

Although Todd is a good source for stems, other good sources for
quill stems, albeit not salsa, is:

Peter White Cycles: http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/stems.asp

and

Sheldon Brown: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/stems.html