Which Compact Crankset for 102mm Campy Chorus

Old August 12th 05, 06:56 AM
Phil Cox

Default Which Compact Crankset for 102mm Campy Chorus

I have a complete 03 Campy Chorus set on my Felt 25r. It has a 102mm square
taper BB. WHich, if any, of the current compact cranksets will work with
this setup?

Thanks,

Phil

Old August 12th 05, 01:12 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Phil Cox wrote:
I have a complete 03 Campy Chorus set on my Felt 25r. It has a 102mm square
taper BB. WHich, if any, of the current compact cranksets will work with
this setup?

Thanks,

Phil

Campagnolo Chorus Carbon compact crank-about $370, VERY nice, superior
to the $375 FSA In my opinion.

Old August 12th 05, 02:07 PM
App

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Phil Cox wrote:
I have a complete 03 Campy Chorus set on my Felt 25r. It has a 102mm square
taper BB. WHich, if any, of the current compact cranksets will work with
this setup?

Thanks,

Phil

Campagnolo Chorus Carbon compact crank-about $370, VERY nice, superior
to the $375 FSA In my opinion.

Peter:

Where can I get this crankset for ~$370? Do you sell them for that
little?

Cheapest I have found on the web is $419! Not "about $370" at all.

App

Old August 12th 05, 02:42 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Phil Cox wrote:
I have a complete 03 Campy Chorus set on my Felt 25r. It has a 102mm square
taper BB. WHich, if any, of the current compact cranksets will work with
this setup?

Thanks,

Phil

Campagnolo Chorus Carbon compact crank-about $370, VERY nice, superior
to the $375 FSA In my opinion.

Peter:

Where can I get this crankset for ~$370? Do you sell them for that
little?

Cheapest I have found on the web is $419! Not "about $370" at all.

We sell them for more than $370 but I thought somebody here had
mentioned some MO or web based place or another saying they were in the
FSA range.

We are $499, btw-

Old August 12th 05, 06:41 PM
bfd

Can you wait? If so, one option to consider is the new Campy Centaur
aluminum compact crank. I believe you will also need to replace the bb
as it requires a longer spindle.

Here's a photo:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?.../Centaur_CTalu

Once its out, expect it to cost between $100-150. Add in another $25 or
so for the bb and you're in busy for way less than the carbon one cost.
Further, its supposedly will have a standard 110bcd; unlike the Campy
carbon crank which had the stupid proprietary 4 bolts at 110mm and one
at 112mm.

If you're really in a hurry to get one, there is one vendor who
supposedly has the crank "in stock":

https://secure3.nexternal.com/shared...ideJ ava=True

Old August 13th 05, 12:43 AM
Llatikcuf

App wrote:
Peter:

Where can I get this crankset for ~$370? Do you sell them for that
little?

Cheapest I have found on the web is $419! Not "about $370" at all.

App

$399

http://txcyclesport.com/Merchant2/me...&Affiliate=bwb

Old August 13th 05, 08:35 AM
A Muzi

App wrote:
Where can I get this crankset for ~$370? Do you sell them for that
little?
Cheapest I have found on the web is $419! Not "about $370" at all.

Yeah I wondered about that too. Chorus, heck even Centaur
Carbon Compact cost _us_ way more than $370!

Is it essential to be carbon? There are o.o.o. 34-50 FSA
Gossamer aluminum compact cranks with splined BB around at
$239 - if your sensibilities can stand black(!) split
pinchbolt(!) cranks with splined BB(!) and Campagnolo's more
normal Centaur aluminum compact at $279 ($309 with ACH BB)
for the rest of us.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 13th 05, 03:02 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Phil asked and I'll answer once again-Compact for 102mm Campag BB is
the Chorus and Record carbon compact crank. Yes expensive but a very
nice piece of gear, when compared to others, like FSA, out there.

Old August 13th 05, 11:16 PM
bfd

And I'll reply again, the *new* 2006 Campy CENTAUR compact silver crank
AND bottom bracket will be ALOT cheaper than any Chorus or Record
CARBON compact crank. Come on, the new 2006 CENTAUR compact silver
crank retails for $149. Even if you have to buy a new BB its only what
$25, $30? Even with a $85 to 100 Phil Wood the total will still be
$250!!!

Do the math and decide!

Btw, the CENTAUR Compact silver crank is available he

https://secure11.nexternal.com/share...ideJ ava=True

Old August 14th 05, 01:55 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

bfd wrote:
And I'll reply again, the *new* 2006 Campy CENTAUR compact silver crank
AND bottom bracket will be ALOT cheaper than any Chorus or Record
CARBON compact crank. Come on, the new 2006 CENTAUR compact silver
crank retails for $149. Even if you have to buy a new BB its only what
$25, $30? Even with a $85 to 100 Phil Wood the total will still be
$250!!!

Do the math and decide!

Btw, the CENTAUR Compact silver crank is available he

Don't think it's in the market yet but I agree completely. Great crank,
with the new, like Chorus BB at 111mm, great package, superior to the
Gossamer, IMO.

Think it was a mistake for Campagnolo to make the Centaur carbon,
without anything else carbon in the Cemtaur line.