Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

Old February 17th 05, 12:16 PM
aeek

Default Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

oely Wrote:

I dont think winning the polka dot means that much, I think (haven
look up the stats) but Armstrong could of won the jersey before i
Virenque did not do his insane all day breakaways. (not meaning t
turn this into a debate)

So they weren't insane then

--
aeek

Old February 17th 05, 12:22 PM
Oscar

hippy wrote:
jazmo wrote:

This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!!

Would you go as an organised tour or solo?

Any particular stages?

hippy

I've lent a bike for a few weeks to a swedish girl (holidaying in
Bunbury)who normally works as a journalist covering the big rides. She
said if I'm ever in France she can arrange a day pass to the Tour. Maybe
I should go? What's a day pass anyway?
Old February 17th 05, 06:25 PM
oely

aeek Wrote:
So they weren't insane then.

Well all day breakaways on flat or mountain stages at the tour would b
insane any day of the week. Whether you win a jersey or not

--
oely

Old February 17th 05, 11:10 PM
jazmo

hippy Wrote:
jazmo wrote:
This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!!

Would you go as an organised tour or solo?

Any particular stages?

hippy

I'm thinking organised tour with some riding. Don't know whether to d
the Alps or Pyrenees though I think Alps would be better as that's whe
we'll know if Lance is still the dominant figure in the race. Could b
exciting. On the other hand, if it's a cliff hanger - the Pyrenee
would be better. Oh well, it's all good

--
jazmo

Old February 17th 05, 11:27 PM
craigster_jd

hippy Wrote:
jazmo wrote:
This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!!

They've heard you're coming:

'London prepares for Hippy's arrival' (http://tinyurl.com/3hpsk)

Woo hoo! Only 1 mile (that's 1.6k for the Aussies) from my flat.
Available now, rent negotiable...

Cheers,
Craigster

--
craigster_jd

Old February 18th 05, 05:20 AM
Jack Russell

jazmo wrote:
hippy Wrote:

jazmo wrote:

This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!!

Would you go as an organised tour or solo?

Any particular stages?

hippy

I'm thinking organised tour with some riding. Don't know whether to do
the Alps or Pyrenees though I think Alps would be better as that's when
we'll know if Lance is still the dominant figure in the race. Could be
exciting. On the other hand, if it's a cliff hanger - the Pyrenees
would be better. Oh well, it's all good.

Check out

http://www.bikeadventures.co.uk/
I did his Channel to Med but know someone who did his Raid Pyreneen. He
is an ex pro and was mightily impressed.

--
Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell
Old February 18th 05, 05:41 AM
cfsmtb

craigster_jd Wrote:
They've heard you're coming:

'London prepares for Hippy's arrival' (http://tinyurl.com/3hpsk)

'Derby' (http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=5164) ha
also heard of Hippys impending arrival too

--
cfsmtb

Old February 20th 05, 11:32 PM
hippy

craigster_jd wrote:
They've heard you're coming:
'London prepares for Hippy's arrival' (http://tinyurl.com/3hpsk)
Woo hoo! Only 1 mile (that's 1.6k for the Aussies) from my flat.
Available now, rent negotiable...

I saw this article and laughed, thinking the same thing!
I hope it's built well before 2012..

Oh.. how about we start negs at $10AUD/mth? :P

hippy