Angry Canal Man

Old September 29th 18, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Angry Canal Man

On 29/09/2018 10:25, Peter Keller wrote:
On 9/28/18 11:57 PM, JNugent wrote:
On 28/09/2018 11:44, Peter Keller wrote:
On 9/28/18 7:31 AM, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 10:29:35 AM UTC+1, Peter Keller
wrote:
On 9/27/18 5:27 AM, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 9:46:07 AM UTC+1, Peter Keller
wrote:
On 9/26/18 4:47 AM, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5fhZvH6RW0

Can Pounder or one of the other irrational bigots explain just
what the cyclist was supposed to do?
Dismount, sprint past the pedestrians and remount?
And why does there always have to be threats of violence?

Threat of violence is against the rules.

Yes, but, toy boat owners pay Canal Tax so rules don't apply to them.

Oh I see ...

I am sure Mr Angry will tell you he pays fuel duty and why not, those
toy boats get about 5MPG, Concorde got 17, making toy boats the worst
polluters on the planet.

Wow!
A Boeing 787 gets about 124.

miles per gallon?

per passenger

124 miles per gallon per passenger?

That's more like it, I suppose. You wouldn't get that per passenger on a
moped if there were a land route.
Old September 29th 18, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

wrote:
[...]

canal boat red diesel is far cheaper than road fuel and also supplies
heating and lighting, plus a canal boat can carry loads of passengers
without breaking a sweat.
Old September 29th 18, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
[...]

So you agree toy boat owners are sponging freeloaders, unlike cyclists.

Old October 2nd 18, 06:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5fhZvH6RW0

On the plus side at least motorists can't drive into the canal like they do here in the valley.

Old October 4th 18, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 28/09/18 20:58, JNugent wrote:
On 28/09/2018 20:49, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/09/18 20:06, JNugent wrote:
On 28/09/2018 20:04, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/09/18 12:57, JNugent wrote:
On 28/09/2018 00:33, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/09/18 17:47, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5fhZvH6RW0

Can Pounder or one of the other irrational bigots explain just what
the cyclist was supposed to do? Dismount, sprint past the
pedestrians
and remount? And why does there always have to be threats of
violence?

Do what drivers always do near pedestrians. Get out and push.

What? They don't...

Do many drivers speed past pedestrians on that narrow tow-path?

I don't know. Why do you ask?

In order to try to make sense of what you posted.

If it can't be done, fair enough.

There's nothing to stop you reading what I posted. Here are a couple
of clues that might help - I inserted the word "always" and I didn't
use the word "speeding".

You seem to have forgotten the accusations made by the pedestrian
against cyclists.
He is there on the spot.

I am not.

I assume that you are not on the spot either.

Of the three of us, which is the most likely to have an accurate picture
of the behaviour of cyclists there?

Your responses to me have nothing to do with the reply I sent to SJ.

Old October 15th 18, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

wrote:
[...]

I have nothing against canal boats. Long may their users live and prosper.
Old October 15th 18, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 04/10/2018 12:45, TMS320
On 28/09/18 20:58, JNugent
On 28/09/2018 20:49, TMS320
On 28/09/18 20:06, JNugent
On 28/09/2018 20:04, TMS320
On 28/09/18 12:57, JNugent
On 28/09/2018 00:33, TMS320
On 25/09/18 17:47, Simon Jester

[...]

More to the point, your response to mine has nothing to do with the
point I made in a response to one of yours.

Have a look at the attribution list above. It runs like this:

04/10/2018 12:45, TMS320
28/09/18 20:58, JNugent
28/09/2018 20:49, TMS320
28/09/18 20:06, JNugent
28/09/2018 20:04, TMS320
28/09/18 12:57, JNugent
28/09/2018 00:33, TMS320
25/09/18 17:47, Simon Jester

See? From that, it follows that you attempting to hide behind a (poor)
excuse). My reply was to you, replying to me.

Now... back to the canal boat man...

You seem to have forgotten the accusations made by the pedestrian
against cyclists.

He is there on the spot.

I am not.

I assume that you are not on the spot either.

Of the three of us, who is the most likely to have an accurate
picture of the behaviour of cyclists there?

Or is the only possible answer too "difficult" to give?

Old October 15th 18, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 15/10/18 16:09, JNugent wrote:

Oh, hello. You have a serious problem if you can't come back after a
break and mark all threads read.

Now... back to the canal boat man...

You seem to have forgotten the accusations made by the pedestrian
against cyclists.

I haven't forgotten that some people have a large imaginary bee in their
bonnet. And that you can't distinguish between the general and the
particular.
Old October 15th 18, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 15/10/2018 18:10, TMS320 wrote:

On 15/10/18 16:09, JNugent wrote:

Oh, hello. You have a serious problem if you can't come back after a
break and mark all threads read.

What are you talking about (assuming you know)?

Why should I do as you say?

Now... back to the canal boat man...

You seem to have forgotten the accusations made by the pedestrian
against cyclists.

I haven't forgotten that some people have a large imaginary bee in their
bonnet. And that you can't distinguish between the general and the
particular.

The man in the video was on the spot. He is in a better position to
judge what is happening than you are.

Well, unless you were the man on th bike, that is.

Were you?

Old October 16th 18, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 15/10/18 23:51, JNugent wrote:
On 15/10/2018 18:10, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/10/18 16:09, JNugent wrote:

Oh, hello. You have a serious problem if you can't come back after a
break and mark all threads read.

What are you talking about (assuming you know)?

Why should I do as you say?

Now you think a comment about your behaviour is a command to do something.

Now... back to the canal boat man...

You seem to have forgotten the accusations made by the pedestrian
against cyclists.

I haven't forgotten that some people have a large imaginary bee in
their bonnet. And that you can't distinguish between the general and
the particular.

The man in the video was on the spot. He is in a better position to
judge what is happening than you are.

Well, unless you were the man on th bike, that is.

Were you?

It seems you haven't watched the video.

Not Quite Canal Motoring Bret Cahill UK 0 February 8th 16 04:37 AM
C&O Canal Pictures Triman Mountain Biking 54 February 13th 06 02:22 PM
Canal knowledge Mikefule Unicycling 22 August 23rd 05 05:09 PM
Canal Dredging Richard Bates UK 2 February 19th 05 10:23 AM
Canal camping Kevin Stone UK 5 July 21st 04 12:56 AM