Shining Bright American cars

Old April 19th 04, 07:16 AM
Red Cloud

Default Shining Bright American cars

Can anyone explain why American drivers must kept cleaning their car
all the
time? Here in California street, looking around almost all the cars in
street,
most are shining bright. American drivers must be addicted driving
clean car. I know that AMericans are addicted to automobile. It seems
to me that driving fresh shining automobile are American addiction
next to eating and sport .I simply can't understand why Americans are
so addicted to fresh shining cars. Why they must kept their car clean
all the time?
Old April 19th 04, 07:23 AM
Chris B.

On 18 Apr 2004 23:16:32 -0700, (Red Cloud)
wrote:

nothing of significance

Can anyone explain why Usenet trolls are becoming increasingly pitiful
all the time?
Old April 19th 04, 10:10 PM
alan

Maybe we need a late-night infomercial on How to Be a Usenet Troll.

Education, education, education.

--

alan

Anyone who believes in a liberal media has never read the "Daily Oklahoman."

Old April 19th 04, 12:47 PM
David Kerber

In article , mmdir2002
@yahoo.co.uk says...
Can anyone explain why American drivers must kept cleaning their car
all the
time? Here in California street, looking around almost all the cars in
street,
most are shining bright. American drivers must be addicted driving
clean car. I know that AMericans are addicted to automobile. It seems
to me that driving fresh shining automobile are American addiction
next to eating and sport .I simply can't understand why Americans are
so addicted to fresh shining cars. Why they must kept their car clean
all the time?

California is not representative of the rest of the country in
practically anything.

newsgroups if possible).
Old April 19th 04, 04:17 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Can anyone explain why American drivers must kept cleaning their car
all the time? Here in California street, looking around almost all the

cars in
street, most are shining bright.

California is not representative of the rest of the country in
practically anything.

Nor are Californians representative of California. At least in my case. We
keep our car paint protected from the nasty stuff in the atmosphere by
making sure there's a thin (usually thin, sometimes it can get rather thick)
coating of dust on all surfaces. This also saves on post-it notes, since I
can leave a message to my wife on our windows.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old April 19th 04, 03:28 PM
SniffinVinyl

Keeping a car spanky clean lowers its aerodynamic drag, thus reducing the
required road load horsepower and improving the brake specific fuel
consumption, thus lowering smog producing NOx and other noxius emissions,
thus improving the quality of regional airsheds and reducing the number of
asthma related illnesses.

It also preserves the appearance of the vehicle thus prolonging its economic
value and lowering its life cycle impact to own and operate, thus yielding
better return on investment, thus resulting on lower debt service costs,
thus strengthening our overall economy.

But thats not why I keep my car clean. I clean it because I want it to look
as nice as my nice clean bicycle.

Sniffinvinyl

To rest of group - sorry for feeding the troll, I could not resist this one.

m...

Old April 19th 04, 06:23 PM
psycholist

"SniffinVinyl" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

"Red Cloud" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone explain why American drivers must kept cleaning their car
all the
time? Here in California street, looking around almost all the cars in
street,
most are shining bright. American drivers must be addicted driving
clean car. I know that AMericans are addicted to automobile. It seems
to me that driving fresh shining automobile are American addiction
next to eating and sport .I simply can't understand why Americans are
so addicted to fresh shining cars. Why they must kept their car clean
all the time?

You've got to be a government bureaucrat of some type. I'm dizzy from that
awesome spin.

Old April 19th 04, 04:08 PM
Jym Dyer

=v= The better to blind us with, my dear.
_Jym_
Old April 20th 04, 03:22 AM
R15757

Why they must kept their car clean
all the time?

Because: the car is often an individual's most prized possession, and many feel
the car--the model, the accessories, the shinyness level--reflects
profoundly on the individual who drives it. They are
hoping, anyway, that it does.

Also, the serial car-washers have no sense that water is a scarce resource,
even while living in a desert.

In short, the frequency of car-washing episodes could
be just another symptom of an underlying stupidity that has swept across the
continent like a chinook wind through our amber waves of grain.
An ultra-clean bicycle, on the other hand, is a sign
of darker prospects: mental illness, crystal
meth addiction, or non-use of said bicycle.

Robert
Old April 20th 04, 03:53 PM
W K

"R15757" wrote in message
Why they must kept their car clean
all the time?

Because: the car is often an individual's most prized possession, and many

feel
the car--the model, the accessories, the shinyness level--reflects
profoundly on the individual who drives it. They are
hoping, anyway, that it does.

Ah, thats what I thought too.

It means your soul has been sucked out by ridiculous consumerist values.

What are they (cars) thinking when we... Mike Jacoubowsky General 21 April 9th 04 04:28 PM
hybrid cars and bikes Rob F. in Houston General 51 January 2nd 04 01:27 AM
Those darn cars! Patrick Lamb General 5 August 15th 03 02:23 AM
Ride well out into the lane where the cars go? Tanya Quinn General 3 July 10th 03 03:52 AM