South West Uni Meet (UK)

Old January 15th 04, 10:23 PM
Sarah Miller

Default South West Uni Meet (UK)

There will be a South West Uni meet on Feb 28th 12noon - 5pm
AT
The Sports Hall of
Priory High School, Earl Richard Rd South, Exeter, EX2 6AP
just off the Topsham Rd, close to the Riverside cycle path.

Who is it for?
Any Unicyclists who want to come.

What activities are planned?
Unicycle Hockey, Basketball, Fun Games, Workshops and UUU levels testing.

What other stuff happens at a Uni meet?
Possibly a muni/trials ride if the weather is good and people want to go
out and play.A chance to ride some different unis, try out different wheel
sizes and crank length. A chance to meet other unicyclists from this end
of the world.There might be a raffle or Tombola with some vaguely unicycle
related stuff as prizes.

What should I bring?
Yourself and your unicycle/s. As its in a sports hall, unicycles used
indoors should have plastic ended pedals and seats and non-marking tyres.
If you have a hockey stick bring it along, I do have some spares tho.
Bring a packed lunch, soft drink will be avalible.Bring and use what ever
protective gear you want to wear. If any one has a set of hockey goals
they could bring can you let me know?

What will it cost?
5 pounds for riders
1 pound for non riders(eg parents)
free tea/coffe squash will be avalible

Where do I get more info?
There will be a website with directions and other info, I just havn't
writen it yet. In the meantime use this thread to ask questions or offer
help.

Sarah Miller

Old January 16th 04, 07:44 PM
thinuniking

hi Sarah i think it's great that your starting a uni meet here in the
southwest.I was wondering if you had an indoor uni i could use for the
day?I have my trials but it has a marking tyre however bald it is.I
think Exeter would be fun for a Trials ride and i hope to see lots of
new riders how can help me in the Freestyle dept.
Ben

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

Clown is such a dirty word.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old January 18th 04, 04:40 PM
thinuniking

thanks sarah what's with the new name? or are you a different sarah?

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

If you don't need new underwear it wasn't worth it.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old January 19th 04, 10:04 PM
Sarah Miller

thinuniking . com wrote:

thanks sarah what's with the new name? or are you a different sarah?

Same sarh, but about to change ISps, so useing a tempory unicyclist.com
web mail account swum stands for South West Unicycle Meet. So mail
enquiries about the meet are best directed to swum at unicyclist dot com
I'll be reading that mail box ever couple of days.

Sarah
Old January 24th 04, 10:03 PM
Sarah Miller

There is a web page with info about the Uks newest Uni meet at

http://www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html

The meet will be on Feb 28th in Exeter, Devon.
Sarah

Old January 24th 04, 10:59 PM
unicycleboy

the web page link doesnt work Sarah

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...k/NewSig2.jpg]
And no im NOT a juggler :P

unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old January 25th 04, 12:48 PM
thinuniking

works for me and the meets the day after my b-day!

Old January 25th 04, 10:00 PM
treepotato

its in the caltstock uni club newsletter so hopefully see lots of us
there definalty me!
can't wait!

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old January 25th 04, 10:01 PM
unicycleboy

I might try and get down have to check trians and stuff

Trev

Old January 26th 04, 07:25 AM
thinuniking

cool it would be cool to meet you i am going as it's inky about 40mins
away.