Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking

Old June 24th 04, 09:46 AM
Tim Izod

Default Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking

Stephen Baker wrote:
cc says:

Are four-letter words about the right size?

Yes, technically - but he'll only accuse you of abusive behaviour, and your
email/post will be posted on more groups and forums and private emails to
others than you want to know about.
It's more fun to stay polite and let him be the ill-mannered lout.

Steve

Perh aps cc mean t that we shou ld split word s into four lett
er chunk s to enab le Mike to bett er unde rsta nd rath er than just
bein g rude?
--
Tim. /\ /\
O___O
Old June 24th 04, 12:00 PM
Stephen Baker

Tim says:

Perh aps cc mean t that we shou ld split word s into four lett
er chunk s to enab le Mike to bett er unde rsta nd rath er than just
bein g rude?

yesm aybe that woul dbet heri ghtt hing todo. ButI 'mnot abso lute lysu reif
anyo neel seco uldu nder stan dit.

;-)

Stev e
Old June 24th 04, 07:12 PM
cc

Perh aps cc mean t that we shou ld split word s into four lett
er chunk s to enab le Mike to bett er unde rsta nd rath er than just
bein g rude?

yesm aybe that woul dbet heri ghtt hing todo. ButI 'mnot abso lute lysu

reif
anyo neel seco uldu nder stan dit.

Ithi nkit 'ssw eet

cc

Old June 24th 04, 08:46 PM
Jason

"cc" wrote in message

Perh aps cc mean t that we shou ld split word s into four lett
er chunk s to enab le Mike to bett er unde rsta nd rath er than just
bein g rude?

yesm aybe that woul dbet heri ghtt hing todo. ButI 'mnot abso lute lysu

reif
anyo neel seco uldu nder stan dit.

Ithi nkit 'ssw eet

cc

Wait arew ecou ntin gpun ctua tion ?

Old June 24th 04, 09:23 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:53:19 -0600, "Gary"
wrote:

I just returned from the Grand Canyon. Erosion is a good thing. What a
beauty.

We really need to stop the mountain bikers whose trail erosion led to
the Grand Canyon.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old June 24th 04, 10:12 PM
mr

"Tim Izod" wrote in message
Stephen Baker wrote:
cc says:

Are four-letter words about the right size?

Yes, technically - but he'll only accuse you of abusive behaviour, and

your
email/post will be posted on more groups and forums and private emails

others than you want to know about.
It's more fun to stay polite and let him be the ill-mannered lout.

Steve

Perh aps cc mean t that we shou ld split word s into four lett
er chunk s to enab le Mike to bett er unde rsta nd rath er than just
bein g rude?
--
Tim. /\ /\
O___O
=\__|__/= meow.

Tim,

I believe what cc meant is that using four letter "profane" words might
encourage others to read and thus insight interest in the message you are
trying to convey because it adds a little "color". I failed to sense the
rude nature you are refering to.

peace out,

mr

Old June 24th 04, 10:16 PM
cc

"mr" wrote in message
"Tim Izod" wrote in message
Stephen Baker wrote:
[...]

Thanks cap'n random. Remember, thick paper is better, and don't forget to
look at all the colors.

cc

Old June 25th 04, 02:17 AM
Stephen Baker

mr says:

I believe what cc meant is that using four letter "profane" words might
encourage others to read and thus insight interest in the message you are
trying to convey because it adds a little "color".

Exactly the opposite of what I was saying, I'm afraid. Four letter words will
only INCITE (note spelling) MV into claiming abuse (been done before, will be
done again, trust me)

I failed to sense the
rude nature you are refering to.

Well then 4Q AND the whores you rode in on. Does that explain the "four-letter
rude" enough for ya? ;-)

Steve "Goodnight!"

Old June 25th 04, 08:01 AM
Trekkie Dad

In article ,
Mike Vandeman wrote:

1. Why do people mountain bike?

Now that's a question worth discussing!

There are as many reasons as there are mountain bikers. Some do it for
the exercise, some for the scenery, some just enjoy being outdoors on a
bike. Some enjoy the challenge of a hard climb. Others get an adrenaline
rush from riding downhill. To some it's a comptetitive sport. To others
it's simply recreation. Some pride themselves on finesse--"cleaning" a
section of trail without putting a foot down. Others take pride in
getting through the same section with out falling down.

For some, it's the company and cameraderie of other riders. For others,
it's all about silence and solitude. Some mountain bikers ride without
stopping and stay focused on the trail. Others carry binoculars or
cameras, stopping frequently to watch birds or photograph wildlife.

We are often passionate about riding and protective about the trails we
ride. We love them no less than those who travel by foot or horse. We
don't want our trails turned into housing developments or golf courses.

If you want to know why people mountain bike, don't ask a failed
academic who can barely ride a bike. Ask the people who are out there
riding!

Gary "Trekkie Dad" Colburn, Master of Music, teacher to hundreds (if not
thousands) of children over the past 32 years, respected colleague,
dedicated "roadie", and occasional mountain biker.

--

World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html
Old June 25th 04, 11:44 AM
Stephen Baker

TD says:

Others take pride in
getting through the same section with out falling down.

And the rest of us mortals just enjoy the fall if we have it, get back up and
keep riding (if we can), instead of complaining to the world about how
"incomfortable" the ride was.

;-)

Steve

new to road biking - questions Bob General 7 March 23rd 04 02:30 AM
Where is the best mountain biking in Northern California? Per Löwdin Mountain Biking 20 January 31st 04 06:25 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
More Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 11 October 26th 03 05:14 AM