kick up mount!

Old June 5th 05, 02:10 AM
uni will

Default kick up mount!

I did a kick up mount a few times! I can't do it consistanly but I get
close every time. I also droped off a pinic table.

--
uni will - Will Allison

Join my Family Guy forums! http://familyguyforums.net
uni will's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8564

Old June 5th 05, 02:46 AM
uni will

I just tried it and my metal pedals hit me in the shin. owch.

Old June 5th 05, 02:51 AM
James_Potter

spiffy!! a kickup mount is like the FUNNEST mount EVER. and it impresses
people very easily (:

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old June 5th 05, 02:55 AM
uni will

Yup. Glad to see your still here Potter. I think I might start posting a
lot more here since I've just got more into unis.

Old June 5th 05, 04:15 AM
Evan Byrne

"Bah, Unispins are easy"

MR. "Im too good for small hills"!

--
Evan Byrne - Spencer is the weirdest avatar

Aim: Byrnetown,Uni Guy
Msn:
Skype: Unicycleman
_____________________

Kh Seats Arn't worth the shipping.

Torkers are bad.

Yuni frames make horrible trials frames.

More To Come.......
Evan Byrne's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old June 5th 05, 04:51 AM
Ken Cline

That reminds me: I've been meaning to ask a question about kick-up
mounts.

I have my freestyle seat set fairly high. High enough that hopping is
difficult and I have to stand on my toes to transition to/from seat
out. Attempts at kick-up mounts have proven somewhat dangerous as the
seat seems to aim straight for the boys. Needless to say, I haven't
been working this skill much.

So I am wondering if it is just lack of technique on my part, or is a
lower seat needed for a safe kick-up mount.

Ken
Old June 5th 05, 06:18 AM
Evan Byrne

higher seat is much easyer because you are standing up, and i usualy
have my seat way low for street and if i stand up it pops out.

Old June 5th 05, 07:19 AM
Diznei

More on kick up mounts. I ride with my seat relatively low, so that is
not a problem. However, I can't actually get my foot on the pedal
correctly so I am able to force the seat up and under my foot. I've
watched videos and I think I understand the theory behind it, but I just
can't quite get it.

Specifically, a question I have is where should the pedal that my foot
be going on be? Should it be "up high", meaning as close to the seat as
possible, or should it be "down low"? Any help?

--
Diznei - University of Illinois Unicycler
Diznei's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8959

Old June 5th 05, 08:27 AM
maestro8

James_Potter wrote:
*spiffy!! a kickup mount is like the FUNNEST mount EVER.*

Agreed! However, not _like_ the funnest mount ever, but _is_ the
funnest mount ever. All other funnest mounts are like a kickup mount.

-Originally posted by Diznei-
*where should the pedal that my foot be going on be?*

Wherever it ends up. I shoot for the crank, so no matter where the
pedal is I'll hit something attached to my uni. That'll increase your
chance of "sticking" the mount and riding off.

Funny thing is, I usually end up riding off backwards from a kickup
mount, not always intentionally... must be the orientation of my wheel
whilst the uni's still on the ground.

--
maestro8 - Mad Scientists for World Domination

Groucho Marx

Old June 5th 05, 04:40 PM
James_Potter

maestro8 wrote:
*Funny thing is, I usually end up riding off backwards from a kickup
mount, not always intentionally... must be the orientation of my wheel
whilst the uni's still on the ground. *

I don't actually ride backwards when doing the kickup mount, but I sort
of go into an idle, pedal backwards half a revolution then start going
forwards. kinda like a rollback mount I s'pose.... it's just because of
the position the cranks are in when you start. I think.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Kick up mount peculiar Unicycling 41 July 11th 05 01:47 PM
Level Six and Level Ten Mounts? jsm Unicycling 13 February 25th 05 06:40 PM
headlight mount [email protected] Techniques 4 February 10th 05 11:43 PM
First mount learned helps\hinders development of other skills? roberts Unicycling 40 August 18th 04 06:22 PM
Help with Skill Level Modified Mount Rules TonyMelton Unicycling 3 July 22nd 04 11:01 PM