Oh *%#@!

Old March 22nd 04, 03:48 AM
Tom Sherman

Default Oh *%#@!

See http://www.hansrey.com/HR048.jpg. Another reason to stick to
riding recumbents on the road.

Old March 23rd 04, 03:25 PM
Bill Anton

He must've snapped the skewer while bouncing up and down on the front wheel
or doing some other crazy mountain biker stunt. Can't imagine how else
(barring utter stupidity) that could happen.
--
Bill Anton
2001 Vision R-40 26x26 SWB OSS

Old March 23rd 04, 03:42 PM
Jack Davis

"Bill Anton" wrote in message
He must've snapped the skewer while bouncing up and down on the front

wheel
or doing some other crazy mountain biker stunt. Can't imagine how else
(barring utter stupidity) that could happen.
--
Bill Anton
2001 Vision R-40 26x26 SWB OSS
Lubbock, TX, USA

It could also be a set-up for an ad photo.....???

jd

Old March 23rd 04, 08:45 PM
David Luecke

I thought that at first too. But, it seems unlikely to me that any company
would want to advertize in this way - I don't wanna buy bikes that come
apart, or wheels that come off!

--
David Luecke
Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!)

Old March 23rd 04, 10:50 PM
jmm

...But, it seems unlikely to me that any company would want to
advertize in this way...

It could be a staged photo from an ad for an ambulance chase... opps,
scumba..., I mean "Personal Injury Attorney". You know the kind where
the caption says "We got $23 million for this poor unfortunate soul, and
can do the same for you" (if you pay attention and set things up right).

John

Old March 24th 04, 01:45 AM
Jack Davis

"David Luecke" .com wrote
in message . com...
I thought that at first too. But, it seems unlikely to me that any

company
would want to advertize in this way - I don't wanna buy bikes that come
apart, or wheels that come off!

--
David Luecke
Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!)
Merritt Island, Florida USA
http://community.webshots.com/user/david_luecke

David,

What a company wants to do is get your attention.....I think this photo did
that. I do not think they were selling either bikes or wheels....Insurance
perhaps???

Jack
Ridin' a RANS Tailwind (wahoo!)

Old March 25th 04, 11:59 AM
P. Hardewig

Hans "No Way" Rey strikes again!
That's one of his "regular" bits that us mere mortals just watch and say "No
way!".
One hell of a rider, IMHO. I've seen video of him riding through & over
almost anything - front wheel optional!
--
Wishing you flat hills, tailwinds & friendly dogs,
Pat

Old April 8th 04, 06:08 PM
Freewheeling

Tom:

This is a very rare picture of the new Cannondale "long-profile invisible
offset fork," fabricated out of a new material that's only visible to a few
insects and birds. The "opposing cant" of the front and rear wheels allows
for the stability required to leap substancial barriers. There's also an
easy conversion kit for recumbency.

--
--Scott