A Cyclist Knob with a Camera

Old May 17th 10, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.tranpsort,uk.rec.driving
JMS

Default A Cyclist Knob with a Camera

Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

OK he had stopped and put a hand down - but not a foot.

(PS He is an A* knob as he has to have two cameras)

Old May 17th 10, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.tranpsort,uk.rec.driving
Roger Thorpe[_2_]

JMS wrote:

Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

OK he had stopped and put a hand down - but not a foot.

(PS He is an A* knob as he has to have two cameras)

errrr.
why should he have put a foot down?

--
Roger Thorpe

....Wait a minute, It's stopped raining/
Guys are swimming, guys are sailing.....
Old May 17th 10, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.tranpsort,uk.rec.driving
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"JMS" wrote in message

Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

OK he had stopped and put a hand down - but not a foot.

(PS He is an A* knob as he has to have two cameras)

what is he whining about, they missed him.

Old May 17th 10, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
mileburner

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

"JMS" wrote in message

Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

OK he had stopped and put a hand down - but not a foot.

(PS He is an A* knob as he has to have two cameras)

what is he whining about, they missed him.

Yeah, only just, and that is E X A C T L Y what happens A L L T H E T I M
E if you are daft enough to R I D E in the gutter.

Old May 17th 10, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"JMS" wrote in message

Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

OK he had stopped and put a hand down - but not a foot.

(PS He is an A* knob as he has to have two cameras)

what is he whining about, they missed him.

Yeah, only just, and that is E X A C T L Y what happens A L L T H E T I
M E if you are daft enough to R I D E in the gutter.

the police driver would have been able to see that the cyclist had stopped
completely (and well short of the centre island, well done!), which means
the cyclist is NOT about to wobble all over the road or suddenly jump 5 feet
to the right, and therefore can be passed quite closely without any
significant danger.
if it was a horse then yes, the police should have passed much more
carefully, but this is an obviously (from the recumbent) experienced
(probably adult) cyclist that has completely stopped.

Old May 17th 10, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Roger Thorpe[_2_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

the police driver would have been able to see that the cyclist had stopped
completely (and well short of the centre island, well done!), which means
the cyclist is NOT about to wobble all over the road or suddenly jump 5 feet
to the right, and therefore can be passed quite closely without any
significant danger.
if it was a horse then yes, the police should have passed much more
carefully, but this is an obviously (from the recumbent) experienced
(probably adult) cyclist that has completely stopped.

If we assume that it were safe would it still be good manners to give
someone who expects not to be seen this kind of fright?

Old May 17th 10, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Tony Dragon

"JMS" wrote in message

Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

OK he had stopped and put a hand down - but not a foot.

(PS He is an A* knob as he has to have two cameras)

what is he whining about, they missed him.

Yeah, only just, and that is E X A C T L Y what happens A L L T H E T I M
E if you are daft enough to R I D E in the gutter.

He had stopped, the police car passed in a safe manner, the police
driver would have seen that the cyclist had stopped.

--
Tony Dragon
Old May 17th 10, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.tranpsort,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

JMS wrote:
Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

Well known one. Talk about being a natural victim.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old May 17th 10, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

"JMS" wrote in message

Lifted from uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I found this overtake frightening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnH8hjjgbw

What a prick.

OK he had stopped and put a hand down - but not a foot.

(PS He is an A* knob as he has to have two cameras)

what is he whining about, they missed him.

Yeah, only just, and that is E X A C T L Y what happens A L L T H E T I M
E if you are daft enough to R I D E in the gutter.

What has that got to do with it? As soon as he heard the sirens he would
have needed to pull over as far left as possible anyway.

Old May 17th 10, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

the police driver would have been able to see that the cyclist had
stopped completely (and well short of the centre island, well
done!), which means the cyclist is NOT about to wobble all over the
road or suddenly jump 5 feet to the right, and therefore can be
passed quite closely without any significant danger.
if it was a horse then yes, the police should have passed much more
carefully, but this is an obviously (from the recumbent) experienced
(probably adult) cyclist that has completely stopped.

If we assume that it were safe would it still be good manners to give
someone who expects not to be seen this kind of fright?

Why was it a fright? He must have heard the sirens.

The man is a well known knob. He has posted dozens of films on youtube to
show how hard done by he is. Bit like Doug, but with a camera.