new uni?

Old August 13th 05, 03:13 AM
habbywall

Default new uni?

okay i want to get a new uni for freestyle i was gonna get a torker lx
but then other people were saying that trials uni's are also good for
freestle so like what should i get? please tell me what you guys have
especially you amanda, cause your really good. and all you other people
that are really good.
thanks to anyone who responds

--
habbywall

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
mac g4 10.4, 20 gb ipod 3rd gen with linux

habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old August 13th 05, 03:38 AM
Radical Reed

well depending on how much money you want to spend i would recomend the
'05 KH trials it looks pretty sweet and it has an aluminum frame

--
Radical Reed
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Old August 13th 05, 03:44 AM
skate4flip

Get the onza trials. They are $409 (i think) of UDC. I have one and it
is really good. I do alot of freestyle, trials, and a little muni on it
and its awesome. Amanda has a onza trials too and a KH freestyle i
think.

--
skate4flip - level 6
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old August 13th 05, 05:15 AM
James_Potter

I don't know why everyone's recommending a trials uni for
freestyle...there's a reason they're called trials uni's, not freestyle
uni's. get a freestyle unicycle, not an Onza, or a KH, those are made
for trials and generally are not good for freestyle. you can do some
minor skills on one, but to do anything really freestyly, a freestyle
unicycle is the way to go.
I don't know anything about freestyle uni's though, so wait till someone
else gets here to find out which one to buy.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old August 13th 05, 05:17 AM
jsm

Trials unicycles are not good for freestyle. They are good for trials.
Freestyle unicycles are not good for trials. They are good for
freestyle. It's that simple. However, you can do a lot more freestyle on
a trials unicycle than you can trials on a freestyle unicycle. So if you
want to do some trials, and some freestyle, but want to focus more on
trials, get a trials unicycle. If you want to do only freestyle, get a
freestyle unicycle. And if you want to do both seriously, you should
probably consider getting a trials and a freestyle.

I believe I am fairly good at freestyle riding, and my unicycle is a 24"
Nimbus II freestyle unicycle from unicycle.com. Supposedly a 24"
unicycle is not very good for freestyle, but it works fine for me.

--
jsm - Sunset Side Ride

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old August 13th 05, 05:18 AM
skate4flip

James_Potter wrote:
*I don't know why everyone's recommending a trials uni for
freestyle...there's a reason they're called trials uni's, not
freestyle uni's. get a freestyle unicycle, not an Onza, or a KH,
those are made for trials and generally are not good for freestyle.
you can do some minor skills on one, but to do anything really
freestyly, a freestyle unicycle is the way to go.
I don't know anything about freestyle uni's though, so wait till
someone else gets here to find out which one to buy. *

The reason for getting a trials would be to able to do trials and
freestyle and maybe a little muni. Yes, a regular freestyle would be
alot better for freestyle. Here is the one i am getting in a month or so
(although im getting it upgrade from semcycle.com).

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=685

Old August 13th 05, 05:36 AM
john_childs

skate4flip wrote:
*Here is a good freestyle uni. Im getting this one. (not from UDC
though, i am getting a upgrade version from
Semcycle.com)http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=685 *

You really should get a trials uni instead.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: '' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs)