Nimbus/ kh moment cranks

Old March 29th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

Default Nimbus/ kh moment cranks

So I'm looking at upgrading from my torker dx, but I'm not sure wether
to get a kh 07 or a nimbus with kh moment cranks. I heard the nimbus
with the kh cranks is pretty popular now days. So I looked on udc and
saw there is three trials 20in nimbus unicycles.

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1048

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1035

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=596

The people that are buying the nimbus and upgrading the cranks, what
unicycle are you using. I heard that whatever unicycle you are choosing
is actually lighter than the kh. Cause if its the $265 one thats a way
better deal than the kh.

Thanks.

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

I'm personally a big fan of nimbus and think KH's are overpriced. I got
a nimbus ISIS with a KH street saddle and KH moment cranks and I think
this is the best option for a trials uni. Way cheaper and only slightly
heavier (because of the $40 nimbus frame not the $200 KH frame).

So yeah, I reckon you should definitely upgrade the cranks and probably
upgrade to a KH seat although some people prefer nimbus seats.

--
SkierAlex
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

Anybody else agree?

Also another question, how do people like the double drilled kh moment
cranks where you can switch the pedals around to different sizes.
Because I like doing street but I would also like the option of some
long cranks for trials.

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

Double holed cranks are designed for muni. For trials 150mm is too long.
I do street and trials and I love the 137mm length. I used to ride
125mm and I prefer 137mm for sure.

Nimbus ISIS are very cheap on UDC US compared to most other UDC's if
you look at all the exchange rates and prices. I'd say go for the
nimbus unless you want a light frame.

--
SkierAlex
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

If I ever wanted to upgrade to a kh frame would it fit onto the nimbus.

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

150's aren't that bad, it's what I ride on my trials. At first I thought
it would affect my rolling hop length and stuff like, but they really
aren't bad. The torque is also fantastic, I've got the very edge of my
tire where my axle is not even above the ledge, but your able to pull
yourself up. Another this nice about this is the lack of a buck when
jumping up stuff which I got alot with rolling ups on my dx. So for
absolute trials 150s are tolerable and offer some big advantages. For a
mix though go with 137's, they seem to be the best choice.

Nimbus with kh cranks is a top notch uni and I recommend it to
everybody wanting to upgrade.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

Yes. But you would also need to buy a 27.2mm seatpost as the nimbus
frame takes 25.4mm seatposts. So basically if you think you may want to
upgrade the frame later on it'd be cheaper to buy the KH instead of the
nimbus.

I think the only parts where the stock KH is better than the stock
nimbus ISIS are the cranks, seat, rim (KH is wider), and frame.

--
SkierAlex
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

wickedbob wrote:
150's aren't that bad, it's what I ride on my trials. At first I thought
it would affect my rolling hop length and stuff like, but they really
aren't bad. The torque is also fantastic, I've got the very edge of my
tire where my axle is not even above the ledge, but your able to pull
yourself up. Another this nice about this is the lack of a buck when
jumping up stuff which I got alot with rolling ups on my dx. So for
absolute trials 150s are tolerable and offer some big advantages. For a
mix though go with 137's, they seem to be the best choice.

Nimbus with kh cranks is a top notch uni and I recommend it to
everybody wanting to upgrade.

Do you hit the pedals on the ground when turning? I've never ridden
anything longer than 137mm but 150 just seems so long.

--
SkierAlex
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

SkierAlex wrote:
Yes. But you would also need to buy a 27.2mm seatpost as the nimbus
frame takes 25.4mm seatposts.

Or he could buy a shim.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 29th 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

Borgschulze wrote:
Or he could buy a shim.

Are those good? I thought they are only for 22.2mm seatposts. I have a
crappy 29" with a 22.2mm seat post and I'm getting a muni with 25.4mm
and I might get a shim so I can have a free ride saddle for my long
distance rides.

--
SkierAlex
http://www.usenet.com