Converting a "Jogger" into a Bike Trailer?

Old November 14th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Papa Tom

Default Converting a "Jogger" into a Bike Trailer?

A few years ago, I got my hands on a couple of prototypes for baby joggers -
those three-wheeled strollers that people shuttle their babies around
running paths with. I'm not sure they ever passed any kind of safety
testing, so I wouldn't put my grandkids in them, but I'd like to convert
them into trailers for hauling groceries, etc.

Have any of you ever done this, and would you care to share your plans?

Thanks!

Old November 15th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:11:23 -0500, "Papa Tom"
may have said:

A few years ago, I got my hands on a couple of prototypes for baby joggers -
those three-wheeled strollers that people shuttle their babies around
running paths with. I'm not sure they ever passed any kind of safety
testing, so I wouldn't put my grandkids in them, but I'd like to convert
them into trailers for hauling groceries, etc.

Have any of you ever done this, and would you care to share your plans?

Go look at the coupler arm on any of the common kiddie-carrier
trailers for inspiration. One method (of questionable virtue) for
making the coupler is to use an air hose quick-disconnect fitting, but
I prefer a 3/8" socket u-joint for flexibility and a slip-tube
connection with a pin. (Of course, my method is easiest if you have a
welder.)