Discs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 20th 17, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Discs

On 2017-11-19 16:26, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:15:53 -0800, Joerg

On 2017-11-18 18:22, John B. wrote:

[...]

But more to the point $10 for a tee shirt? That is (last time I
checked the exchange rate) 330 baht for a tee shirt? Absurd, I buy
tee shirts for 100 baht each, six for 500 baht.

We can get them for that price as well. However, then the collars wear
out faster and become floppy. Also, I need 100% cotton and of good
quality. Not something super-thin that unravels at the first brush with
a blackberry bush.

You need to do more research. The 100% cotton are the cheap ones.

But I don't understand the demand for high quality tee shirts. after
all you have extolled us with your stories of riding with ragged
shorts and sandals but you just got to have a beautiful tee shirt to
go with the rags?

As I said one of the differences between good and bad quality T-shirts
is the collar. On good ones it easily lasts hundreds of washes. On bad
ones it loses elasticity and looks yucky.

I have four T-shirt stacks because that's what I wear 8-9 months/year
except to church or when I have a video call on the web with clients.
The two first stacks are the non-blemished ones for being dressed
"properly". Stack #3 is for cycling where minor blemishes don't matter.
Stack #4 has T-shirts with small holes, stains or worn collars and is
used for messy work around the house, yard, bike repair or when brewing.
So a T-shirt is a migratory device here and when it comes off stack #4
it is really, really used up.

Similar with the jeans shorts where I have three stacks.

Ten dollar tee and ragged shorts and no shoes? Amazing!

Sandals are shoes and I only wear good quality leather ones. In the
winter running shoes, the $30 wholesale kind because I quickly found
that there is no discernible quality difference between those and $80
fancy versions. Sometimes you do not get what you pay for.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Vented Discs Ben C Recumbent Biking 35 June 29th 09 02:26 AM
Cable discs Tim Hall UK 13 June 18th 09 11:56 PM
Rollo-Discs Unisykolist Unicycling 5 December 5th 08 01:34 AM
discs vs V brakes ODB Australia 31 October 23rd 06 08:37 AM
new to discs - squeeky when wet ! Steve Walton UK 6 November 21st 04 01:46 PM