California Mountain Unicycle Weekend, Sept. 17-19

Old October 11th 04, 02:42 AM
TheObieOne3226

S_Wallis wrote:
*No, actually it's called HUMOR. *

Oh! Is that what it is? I couldn't tell.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Judge me by my size, do you?

[image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com

Old October 11th 04, 04:14 AM
gerblefranklin

S_Wallis wrote:
*Thanks JC for drawing attention to that flattering photo, but I think
this one is a better example. *

It's........................ Ryan Wallis! Or is it Scott Atkins?

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
out?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. They will stop at nothing
to hurt us and our people, and nethier will we"-Dubya
Vote Kerry. Yeah, they both suck, but Kerry sucks less.

Old October 11th 04, 04:27 AM
S_Wallis

gerblefranklin wrote:
*

It's........................ Ryan Wallis! Or is it Scott Atkins? *

No, it's Kris Holm. Here is Tom Balckwood's picture of him doing it. I
was there when he did it and it was beautiful.
I was going to use a picture of Ryan but Kris makes a better stunt
double for me.

--
S_Wallis - MUni Motivated

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it." Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

Old October 11th 04, 06:38 AM
gerblefranklin

I was gonna say Kris Holm, but I seem to remember him being in a yellow
jacketfor that ride. That was tahoe rim, correct?

Old October 11th 04, 06:39 AM
jagur

jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

-Forget_Your_Life-
[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums.../MMulitia.jpg]

Old October 11th 04, 06:43 AM
jagur

heh heh hehh

| Attachment filename: wallis bail.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/239413|

Old October 11th 04, 07:48 AM
tomblackwood

gerblefranklin wrote:
*I was gonna say Kris Holm, but I seem to remember him being in a
yellow jacketfor that ride. That was tahoe rim, correct? *

I can confirm that it was Kris flying off that rock, although Gerbs is
also correct. I don't know the course of events, but Kris was in dark
top in this shot (Tahoe Rim trail but early in the ride), and in yellow
later on during some of the filming on the Really Big Rocks above the
lake. I think he may have lent his dark windbreaker to Lloyd or Dan H.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old October 11th 04, 08:04 AM
tomblackwood

tomblackwood wrote:
*Looking through now, I see that my theory on the transfer to Dan
Heaton is invalid, as the picture immediately following the rock
launch shows Kris trailing Dan and they're both in dark tops. *

Looking through again at increased magnification, I see my earlier
theory was wrong. Dan is not in dark top, he's in yellow; the same
yellow Kris is later wearing. He must have switched tops with Kris to
confound the b*ke police, who heard there was an unauthorized unicyclist
on two wheels, and were on a Cease and Desist mission.

I am going to learn from this, grow my hair long, and disguise myself as
Harper. That way, all my wipe outs will be attributed to him.

Old October 16th 04, 05:15 AM
Catboy

I wasn't sure weather to make a new thread or not but this seemed
better. But, The "Tahoe Rim Trail" was voted the best mountain bike
trail in northern Nevada by the RN&R(Northstar was 3rd), and also the
3rd best trail for hiking. I found it interesting...

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

[image: http://pics.xs.to/pics/04063/catko.jpg]
I have the amazing power to talk to cats!=^.^=

Old October 17th 04, 02:34 AM
johnfoss

Shhhhhhh! It's supposed to be the *California* Mountain Unicycle
Weekend...

In any case, we are greatly indebted to Lloyd Johnson for suggesting
that trail over Mr. Toads (CA) or the Flume (NV).

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

"Read the rules!"
'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking BB Mountain Biking 31 July 4th 04 02:35 AM
Where is the best mountain biking in Northern California? Per Löwdin Mountain Biking 20 January 31st 04 06:25 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM