PING: ye cycling shedi

Old April 30th 08, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.cycling
Graeme Dods

Default PING: ye cycling shedi

Lister wrote in
:

I may be on the lookout for a recumbent trike in the near future. Does
ye shedde goov off where to buy any of they?

Someone on uk.rec.cycling is bound to know. There are many shed regulars
who hang about there too. It may help if you said where you are, as there
are many places dotted around which sell them.

--
Graeme
Old April 30th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.cycling
Lister

On 30 Apr 2008 14:23:39 GMT, Graeme Dods wrote:

Lister wrote in
:

I may be on the lookout for a recumbent trike in the near future. Does
ye shedde goov off where to buy any of they?

Someone on uk.rec.cycling is bound to know. There are many shed regulars
who hang about there too. It may help if you said where you are, as there
are many places dotted around which sell them.

Thanks, I forgot about them.

I'm in Edinburgh
Old April 30th 08, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.cycling
David Reid

Sena's best pigeon dodged hawks and farmers' guns to bring me the
following:
Lister said...
On 30 Apr 2008 14:23:39 GMT, Graeme Dods wrote:

Lister wrote in
:

I may be on the lookout for a recumbent trike in the near future. Does
ye shedde goov off where to buy any of they?

Someone on uk.rec.cycling is bound to know.

Thanks, I forgot about them.

I'm in Edinburgh

Nobbut a train ride away from Derby, wherein live Westcountry
Recumbents, wot are a very sheddy company run by a very sheddy sheddi.

Quite a long ride back though[3], even on a recumbent trike!

[3] I'm fairly sure trikes are Not Allowed on trains.

--
David Reid http://www.disarray.org.uk
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Old May 1st 08, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.cycling
Austin Shackles[_2_]

On or around Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:08:02 +0100, Sena
enlightened us thusly:

David Reid said...
Nobbut a train ride away from Derby, wherein live Westcountry
Recumbents, wot are a very sheddy company run by a very sheddy sheddi.

Quite a long ride back though[3], even on a recumbent trike!

[3] I'm fairly sure trikes are Not Allowed on trains.

They folds... as well you know.

I'm not aware of a 'bent trike wot folds. not a decent one, anyroadup.
------------------------------------------------\
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ \ ...and Kill them.

a webcartoon by Howard Tayler; I like it, maybe you will too!
Old May 1st 08, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In news Austin Shackles tweaked the
Babbage-Engine to tell us:

I'm not aware of a 'bent trike wot folds. not a decent one,
anyroadup.

HP Velotechnik Scorpion fx & Greenspeeds (various) to name but two.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old May 1st 08, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , Austin Shackles wrote:
On or around Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:08:02 +0100, Sena
enlightened us thusly:

David Reid said...
Nobbut a train ride away from Derby, wherein live Westcountry
Recumbents, wot are a very sheddy company run by a very sheddy sheddi.

Quite a long ride back though[3], even on a recumbent trike!

[3] I'm fairly sure trikes are Not Allowed on trains.

They folds... as well you know.

I'm not aware of a 'bent trike wot folds. not a decent one, anyroadup.

What's not decent about a Trice or Greenspeed?
(Westcountry are Greenspeed dealers, so if you wanted something different,
you would probably have to go somewhere else anyway.)

http://www.foldsoc.co.uk/Mike/triceqnt1.html
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/gt3.html
http://www.wrhpv.com/greenspeed/index.html
Old May 1st 08, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.cycling.]
On Thu, 01 May 2008, Austin Shackles wrote:

I'm not aware of a 'bent trike wot folds. not a decent one,
anyroadup.

What constitutes decent and/or fold?
Current Trice fold(ish).

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old May 2nd 08, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Austin Shackles[_2_]

On or around 01 May 2008 18:47:27 GMT, Ian Smith
enlightened us thusly:

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.cycling.]
On Thu, 01 May 2008, Austin Shackles wrote:

I'm not aware of a 'bent trike wot folds. not a decent one,
anyroadup.

What constitutes decent and/or fold?
Current Trice fold(ish).

it's the "ish" that's the rub. You only get to take them on the train for
free if they end up briefcase sized, which a decent trike doesn't or not
easily. The requirements for a trike frame are much more 3-dimensional.

I can quite easily make on that folds in the middle but the front end and
axle more or less has to stay as-is, or become very complicated and maybe
uglier and heavier.
------------------------------------------------\

Old May 2nd 08, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Austin Shackles" wrote in
message ...

it's the "ish" that's the rub. You only get to take them on the train for
free if they end up briefcase sized, which a decent trike doesn't or not
easily.

That isn't necessarily the case - I've recently been hearing that the rule
is being interpreted as simply a "folding" bike - and in many cases it
doesn't even need to be actually folded, merely have the potential for it.
Obviously if the train is a full commuter train that's a different game, but
there are others :-)

cheers,
clive

Old May 2nd 08, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Austin Shackles wrote:

it's the "ish" that's the rub. You only get to take them on the train for
free if they end up briefcase sized

So anyone getting on the train with more stuff than a briefcase is
getting charged? The Scorpion FX will go small enough to get it in the
back of a Smart car, which shouldn't be outwith the realms of beyond the
pale.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK