Mega Range cassette + Alivio RD: works good

Old November 14th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

Default Mega Range cassette + Alivio RD: works good

Just got the 8 spd Mega Range cassette onto Mrs Squirrel's city bike, and
mounted a new Alivio RD to accommodate the greater needed chain wrap. Had
to screw the angle-of-the-dangle "B" adjuster nearly all the way in so the
upper pulley wouldn't try to mash the chain into the big cog. I rode
behind her and watch how the RD handled that big jump, and it was very
very smooth.

That's a good thing because Mrs Squirrel is made nervous by balky,
skipping, or noisy shifting bits.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon
Old November 15th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Nov 14, 4:41*pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
Just got the 8 spd Mega Range cassette onto Mrs Squirrel's city bike, and
mounted a new Alivio RD to accommodate the greater needed chain wrap. Had
to screw the angle-of-the-dangle "B" adjuster nearly all the way in so the
upper pulley wouldn't try to mash the chain into the big cog. I rode
behind her and watch how the RD handled that big jump, and it was very
very smooth.

That's a good thing because Mrs Squirrel is made nervous by balky,
skipping, or noisy shifting bits.

Welcome to the Megaraaaaange club! It's non-tony Shimano and good
****. I like mine for the hills at Warner Park.

Old November 15th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:
Just got the 8 spd Mega Range cassette onto Mrs Squirrel's city bike, and
mounted a new Alivio RD to accommodate the greater needed chain wrap. Had
to screw the angle-of-the-dangle "B" adjuster nearly all the way in so the
upper pulley wouldn't try to mash the chain into the big cog. I rode
behind her and watch how the RD handled that big jump, and it was very
very smooth.

That's a good thing because Mrs Squirrel is made nervous by balky,
skipping, or noisy shifting bits.

Welcome to the Megaraaaaange club!

Is there a handshake?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon
Old November 15th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

wrote:
Just got the 8 spd Mega Range cassette onto Mrs Squirrel's city bike, and
mounted a new Alivio RD to accommodate the greater needed chain wrap. Had
to screw the angle-of-the-dangle "B" adjuster nearly all the way in so the
upper pulley wouldn't try to mash the chain into the big cog. I rode
behind her and watch how the RD handled that big jump, and it was very
very smooth.

That's a good thing because Mrs Squirrel is made nervous by balky,
skipping, or noisy shifting bits.

Welcome to the Megaraaaaange club!

Is there a handshake?

It's more like a shimmy and an overbite. Squirrels should have the
last bit down pat.

Old November 16th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:
Just got the 8 spd Mega Range cassette onto Mrs Squirrel's city bike, and
mounted a new Alivio RD to accommodate the greater needed chain wrap. Had
to screw the angle-of-the-dangle "B" adjuster nearly all the way in so the
upper pulley wouldn't try to mash the chain into the big cog. I rode
behind her and watch how the RD handled that big jump, and it was very
very smooth.
That's a good thing because Mrs Squirrel is made nervous by balky,
skipping, or noisy shifting bits.
Welcome to the Megaraaaaange club!

Is there a handshake?

It's more like a shimmy and an overbite. Squirrels should have the
last bit down pat.

Yeah. We think you guys look funny.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon
Old November 16th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

wrote:
Just got the 8 spd Mega Range cassette onto Mrs Squirrel's city bike, and
mounted a new Alivio RD to accommodate the greater needed chain wrap.. Had
to screw the angle-of-the-dangle "B" adjuster nearly all the way in so the
upper pulley wouldn't try to mash the chain into the big cog. I rode
behind her and watch how the RD handled that big jump, and it was very
very smooth.
That's a good thing because Mrs Squirrel is made nervous by balky,
skipping, or noisy shifting bits.
Welcome to the Megaraaaaange club!
Is there a handshake?

It's more like a shimmy and an overbite. Squirrels should have the
last bit down pat.

Yeah. We think you guys look funny.

Whenever I start burying mackerels and clams, we can talk, bub.

Old November 16th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:
Just got the 8 spd Mega Range cassette onto Mrs Squirrel's city bike, and
mounted a new Alivio RD to accommodate the greater needed chain wrap. Had
to screw the angle-of-the-dangle "B" adjuster nearly all the way in so the
upper pulley wouldn't try to mash the chain into the big cog. I rode
behind her and watch how the RD handled that big jump, and it was very
very smooth.
That's a good thing because Mrs Squirrel is made nervous by balky,
skipping, or noisy shifting bits.
Welcome to the Megaraaaaange club!
Is there a handshake?
It's more like a shimmy and an overbite. Squirrels should have the
last bit down pat.

Yeah. We think you guys look funny.

Whenever I start burying mackerels and clams, we can talk, bub.

Squirrels and otters don't mix often enough I must say. There are plenty
of weasels, badgers, and skunks around here, all members of your esteemed
extended family, but I don't think I've seen any of the otter subfamily
kicking around my neck of the woods. Mainly because Mrs Squirrel and I
live inland and while I think the ocean is pretty enough, I have no
interest in actually getting into that thing.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

road derailleur and wide range cassette pm Techniques 0 July 4th 08 03:03 AM
how do i attach an sram pg850 cassette to an M:wheel alivio lubaloo UK 1 October 28th 05 09:26 PM
Mega Range Question John Techniques 8 July 24th 05 08:47 PM
Polar Power: Cadence light works, no data to monitor (Speed works) Andrew F Martin Techniques 9 February 20th 05 06:24 AM
Good news from my public works department Gooserider General 5 December 20th 04 09:55 PM