You need plastic gauges and an iPhone app to adjust your derailleur?

Old October 28th 15, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default You need plastic gauges and an iPhone app to adjust your derailleur?

Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 28th 15, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/28/2015 12:03 PM, jbeattie wrote:

And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

Next thing we know, you'll be using toe clips!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 28th 15, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/28/2015 11:03 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.

My fixie is only compatible with a Western Electric rotary
dial telephone.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 28th 15, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 4:03:19 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.

I fix my bike only in the shadow of the tower Marconi built to broadcast to America, and only at the full moon, and only with titanium tools rubbed on the thighs of certified virgins. Why should I ever need an iPhone app to tell me how do something so time-honored?

Andre Jute
Sometimes "progress" isn't worth the bandwidth to broadcast it
Old October 29th 15, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:03:13 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.

On the other hand, you saved $40 that you can now spend on other
things :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old October 29th 15, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 9:46:36 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/28/2015 11:03 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.

My fixie is only compatible with a Western Electric rotary
dial telephone.

Hey, I have a special tool for those phones: http://images.wisegeek.com/dialing-rotary-phone.jpg

Here's my special tool for determining if my derailleur is adjusted: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...of_the_Eye.png Try getting one of those from Park Tools.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 6th 15, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 9:03:19 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.

I don't even do that Jay - I stand behind and shift the gears before I put the chain on and sight down the supposed chainline. I can achieve perfect alignment that way. Well within a half turn on the adjuster.
Old November 6th 15, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:42:47 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 4:03:19 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.

I fix my bike only in the shadow of the tower Marconi built to broadcast to America, and only at the full moon, and only with titanium tools rubbed on the thighs of certified virgins. Why should I ever need an iPhone app to tell me how do something so time-honored?

Andre Jute
Sometimes "progress" isn't worth the bandwidth to broadcast it

Andre - where would YOU ever find a virgin? It's not as if they're listed in the telephone directory. And we know you've never met one.
Old November 6th 15, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 9:50:20 PM UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:42:47 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 4:03:19 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
Little did I know:
http://ottodesignworks.com/product

And only $40!

Another must-have product from Oregon. And to imagine that I've just been running the chain over the cogs and listening and looking. How low-tech.

-- Jay Beattie.

I fix my bike only in the shadow of the tower Marconi built to broadcast to America, and only at the full moon, and only with titanium tools rubbed on the thighs of certified virgins. Why should I ever need an iPhone app to tell me how do something so time-honored?

Andre Jute
Sometimes "progress" isn't worth the bandwidth to broadcast it

Andre - where would YOU ever find a virgin?

Hell man, weren't you ever young?

It's not as if they're listed in the telephone directory.

In fact, where I live, certified virgins *are* listed in the telephone directory. Look under "Convents".

And we know you've never met one.

At least a lifetime in science hasn't stunted your sense of humor.

Andre Jute
Be prepared to be surprised
Old November 10th 15, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.google.com/#tbm=shop&q=S...SUREMENT+TOOLS

Spoke Gauges ivan Unicycling 1 July 1st 08 07:47 AM
Spoke Gauges ivan Unicycling 0 June 30th 08 10:14 AM
For Sale Apple Iphone 8gb And Apple Iphone 16 Gb timboy43 Unicycling 0 March 15th 08 01:37 PM
For Sale : Apple 4gb Iphone @ 200usd/8Gb Apple Iphone @ 280usd jon32 Unicycling 0 October 31st 07 10:05 AM
Titanium tubing gauges Brad Techniques 2 January 22nd 05 10:02 PM