Ping: Carla A-G

Old December 1st 03, 03:12 PM
SuperClydesdale

Default Ping: Carla A-G

Carla

I am going to be visiting my sister in Brooklyn over xmas, and am very
tempted to throw my SS on top of the car. Would you and Jim be available to
show me some of your trails, or better yet, ride in the City with me?

I am going to be in NYC from 12/24 - 12/321.

Please advise.

Mark aka SuperClydesdale

Old December 1st 03, 03:52 PM
Carla A-G

Default Carla A-G

"SuperClydesdale" wrote in message
Carla

I am going to be visiting my sister in Brooklyn over xmas, and am very
tempted to throw my SS on top of the car. Would you and Jim be available

show me some of your trails, or better yet, ride in the City with me?

I am going to be in NYC from 12/24 - 12/321.

Please advise.

Mark aka SuperClydesdale

Ugh! Mark, we'll be away on vacation that week :-( . It would have been our
pleasure to host some riding around our parts if we were to be here at that
time.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old December 1st 03, 04:36 PM
SuperClydesdale

I am going to be visiting my sister in Brooklyn over xmas, and am very
tempted to throw my SS on top of the car. Would you and Jim be

available
show me some of your trails, or better yet, ride in the City with me?

I am going to be in NYC from 12/24 - 12/321.

Please advise.

Mark aka SuperClydesdale

Ugh! Mark, we'll be away on vacation that week :-( . It would have been

our
pleasure to host some riding around our parts if we were to be here at

that
time.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla

Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a
Minnesotan around NYC on a singlespeed, please let me know.

Cheers
mark

Old December 1st 03, 04:50 PM
Carla A-G

"SuperClydesdale" wrote in message
Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a
Minnesotan around NYC on a singlespeed, please let me know.

Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest
rowdy of all. He'll show you around in the city that never sleeps. Too bad
Corvus moved out of there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old December 1st 03, 04:56 PM
SuperClydesdale

Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a
Minnesotan around NYC on a singlespeed, please let me know.

Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest
rowdy of all. He'll show you around in the city that never sleeps. Too bad
Corvus moved out of there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla

Thanks for the 411. I'll ping Supabonbon.

Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with him,
but see he is now living upstate.

Mark

Minnesota Dudes Kick Ass!

Old December 1st 03, 10:40 PM
Michael Dart

"SuperClydesdale" wrote in message
Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a
Minnesotan around NYC on a singlespeed, please let me know.

Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest
rowdy of all. He'll show you around in the city that never sleeps. Too

bad
Corvus moved out of there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla

Thanks for the 411. I'll ping Supabonbon.

Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with

him,
but see he is now living upstate.

It's 'western'! Western New York dammit!!!

Mike - upstate... 'sheesh'! ;^)

Old December 2nd 03, 02:30 AM
Corvus Corvax

"SuperClydesdale" wrote

Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with him,
but see he is now living upstate.

*Western* New York, as Herr Doktor Professor Dart has pointed out.
Whatever you call it, it is starting to get ****ing cold. I was out
today on the fix and it alternated between a sunny, slightly cold day
and zero-visibility blizzard on twenty minute timescales. At least the
tailwind on the way home was a godsend. The fix is so completely
silent that riding with a tailwind is positively eerie. I was blowing
along effortlessly at twenty miles an hour and there was no sound at
all save for the whir of rubber on pavement. I could hear the grass
rustle in the wind. I think this is what enlightenment must be like,
that simultaneous sensation of immersion and separation.

Almost time to put away the fix for the winter, as I am more
comfortable with a freewheel on ice. The upside is that we'll be able
to do offroad again once the trails freeze up. It's going to be hard
to ride all winter. I'm thinking of taking up Kendo again after a
hiatus of many years.

Jimbo, nice to hear about the new SS. Do Blue Mountain. It's not that
bad once you're committed ;-).

CC
Old December 2nd 03, 01:43 PM
Carla A-G

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
om...
Jimbo, nice to hear about the new SS. Do Blue Mountain. It's not that
bad once you're committed ;-).

Hell, CC, you should see the new trails they cut in there...if you've never
bled from your eyes on a ride, this will do it for you.

Oh, BTW, congrats to the lovely Jeanette for being published in Dirt Rag.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old December 2nd 03, 03:03 PM
supabonbon

"SuperClydesdale" wrote in message ...
Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a
Minnesotan around NYC on a singlespeed, please let me know.

Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest
rowdy of all. He'll show you around in the city that never sleeps. Too bad
Corvus moved out of there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla

Thanks for the 411. I'll ping Supabonbon.

Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with him,
but see he is now living upstate.

Mark

Minnesota Dudes Kick Ass!

I'll just consider myself pinged.
I'll be around Mark. Although that's a week of high and holy
drunkenness in these parts. I'd be happy to show you some of our local
goodies. Speaking of Hartshorne.... I think that place would be
well-suited to singlespeeding. Carla, whaddaya think?
/s
Old December 2nd 03, 03:20 PM
Carla A-G

"supabonbon" wrote in message
om...
I'll just consider myself pinged.
I'll be around Mark. Although that's a week of high and holy
drunkenness in these parts. I'd be happy to show you some of our local
goodies. Speaking of Hartshorne.... I think that place would be
well-suited to singlespeeding. Carla, whaddaya think?

That place is definitely well-suited for SSing. Last time we went there
(over a year ago), we took the geared xc bikes. Jim's bike got cursed and
everything on it broke. Its a relatively easy trail, no crazy stuff. Watch
out for the hikers and dogs, there are lots of them there. Now that you've
brought it up, I have the inkling to go take a SS ride there very soon.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Ping JD Marty Mountain Biking 2 November 27th 03 07:55 PM
PING the az super go guy Penny S Mountain Biking 16 September 16th 03 05:00 PM
PING JD!! voodoo Mountain Biking 25 August 18th 03 04:13 AM