where to buy Park Wheel Truing stand

Old September 18th 03, 10:01 PM
Me

Default where to buy Park Wheel Truing stand

Hi, can anyone recommend where I can buy a nice shiny Park Truing stand like
the one I've seen in a few shops over the years?

I've looked on the net wiggle, chainreaction, ribble, st johns but no luck
in getting a price.

My local shop won't even give me a price on one as they don't sell park
stuff.

I want the shop quality one not the folding travel version.

Any company make a similar model (sturdy, auto centering, easilly adjustable
for dif size wheels and ability to true while keeping tyre on?

If anyone can provide a link with prices ect I'd be very happy...

cheers

Old September 19th 03, 12:04 AM
Michael Kent

If anyone can provide a link with prices ect I'd be very happy...

have you rung a halfords bikehut? if you have no luck ill have a look on
saturday when im in work.

Cheers

Michael
Old September 19th 03, 02:27 AM
Pete Biggs

Me wrote:

I want the shop quality one not the folding travel version.

Two shop models: £230+ and £500+.

www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop supply Park stuff. They should be able to
order any model you like (as should your bike shop).

www.parker-international.co.uk/maintenance.htm also have the TS2

info: http://www.parktool.com/tool_indexes...ex_wheel.shtml

Any company make a similar model (sturdy, auto centering, easilly
adjustable for dif size wheels and ability to true while keeping tyre
on?

Minoura Workman Pro, which I've got, fits the bill except it's not the
sturdiest or finest thing in the world - but that's no big deal if placed
on a good surface and you don't true like a rabid monkey. Radial guide
can easily be removed to lateral-true with tyre on. Does have "auto
centering" but this feature is never reliable with any stand (or so I've
been told by author of the Bicycle Wheel) so should be used as rough help
only and a dishing guage still used. Even Park say of their stand with
auto-centering, "for precision work, the TS-2 should be used with the
WAG-1 Professional Wheel Alignment Gauge."
The Minoura does the job. The only frustration I have when using it
is over my /own/ inability to build a perfect wheel! Don't blame the
tool! :-)
Available from Wiggle and Parker Int.

~PB

Old September 19th 03, 07:35 AM
M-Gineering import & framebouw

Pete Biggs wrote:

Does have "auto
centering" but this feature is never reliable with any stand (or so I've
been told by author of the Bicycle Wheel) so should be used as rough help
only and a dishing guage still used. Even Park say of their stand with
auto-centering, "for precision work, the TS-2 should be used with the
WAG-1 Professional Wheel Alignment Gauge."

The pivot for the swing is poorly designed, and never ends up in the
plane of the wheelaxle. Different size wheels will have different
amounts of offset.

In the USA parktools could be a lot cheaper (as in hey, isn't that my
wholesale price?), maybe ofsetting a hefty shipping charge.

--
Marten
Old September 19th 03, 10:27 AM
Me

Hi I'm the origional poster and thanks for all the help.

I'm looking for a Park TS-2 to be more specific.

The cheapest so far is £230 from settle cycles.

Can anyone beat that?

cheers,

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Me writes
Hi, can anyone recommend where I can buy a nice shiny Park Truing stand

like
the one I've seen in a few shops over the years?

The Parker product number would be helpful here.

Parkers list a couple on this page, dunno which one you are referring to
though:

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/tools.htm

Or there are a few at Settle Cycles (including one in the sale at a
boggling GBP499!!)

http://www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop/list.asp?tid=33

Or the same ones from Airevalley cycles:

http://www.airevalleycycles.com/products.php?plid=2-55-71-0

All the above courtesy of Google
--
Chris French, Leeds

Old October 6th 03, 04:06 AM
Pat Lee

Me wrote:
Hi I'm the origional poster and thanks for all the help.
I'm looking for a Park TS-2 to be more specific.
The cheapest so far is £230 from settle cycles.
Can anyone beat that?

Take a look on ebay.com right now. There are a bunch of them on sale for
$USD148 (buy it now). I can't believe £230! You can have it shipped from
the US for less.