AP Breaking News: Prosecutors close Armstrong inquiry, no charges

Old February 8th 12, 07:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

Default AP Breaking News: Prosecutors close Armstrong inquiry, no charges

On Feb 7, 3:06*pm, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 2/7/2012 3:10 PM, BLafferty wrote:

It's not over.

Dumbass,

True. Some gifts never stop giving.

Now we'll have to wait for Jeff Novitsky to figure out what details
of the investigation he can print in his book without breaching
any grand jury secrecy. I can't wait to find out, and neither
should you!

Sincerely,
Jeff Novitsky

Old February 8th 12, 08:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fred Flintstein wrote:
I'm getting the urge to make a chart out of that. I'll just lay down
until the feeling goes away.

Wanting to make a chart is to rbr what getting laid is to everyone else.
Just take a cold shower and you'll feel much better. If that doesn't
work try imagining Newt Gingrich having sex with Rosie O'Donnell and
Susan Boyle.

Old February 8th 12, 08:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Frederick the Great wrote:
When you find you are riding a dead horse, dismount.

I think he prefers flogging it. Anyway i doubt whether necrophilia with
a beast of burden is a crime in most US states.

Old February 8th 12, 08:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

BLafferty wrote:
We did get an indictment and a guilty plea there of Polgar's
webmaster, Gregory Alexander. He is awaiting sentencing on March 22.
His allocution will be interesting. Stay tuned.

William Fred wrote:
At last it's safe to play chess again!

Until Kasparov's flying penis returns.
Old February 8th 12, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/8/2012 1:42 AM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Feb 7, 3:06 pm, Fred
wrote:
On 2/7/2012 3:10 PM, BLafferty wrote:

It's not over.

Dumbass,

True. Some gifts never stop giving.

Now we'll have to wait for Jeff Novitsky to figure out what details
of the investigation he can print in his book without breaching
any grand jury secrecy. I can't wait to find out, and neither
should you!

Sincerely,
Jeff Novitsky

When he publishes it in English it'll all she wrote for LANCE.

Old February 9th 12, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jimmy July[_5_]

On 2/7/2012 10:38 PM, Rick Hopkins wrote:
On Feb 7, 1:10 pm, wrote:
On Feb 7, 11:05 am, "William R.
wrote:

On 2/4/2012 7:46 AM, tritonrider wrote:

Let's face it he's easily the most tested/investigated athlete in
history and comes out, if not clean at least reasonably so in
comparison.

Now if Brian would just agree with this then we could all move ong

Bill

--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com

Well, it now appears that something odd went on. The investigators
think there was a strong criminal case. The US Attorney has discretion
to diagree, but the manner in which the USA acted on short notice with
no apparent consultation with his investigators, smell to high heaven.
It's not over.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/conc...f-federal-inve...

Why am I reminded of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. If
it helps you get through the day Brian, believe whatever..... Hey let
me hold the football and I promise not to pull out this time,
really......

But I always hated Lucy, while in this case...
Old February 10th 12, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BLafferty[_4_]

On Feb 4, 9:33*am, Brad Anders wrote:
On Feb 3, 8:11*pm, tritonrider wrote:

On Feb 3, 9:40*pm, Jimmy July wrote:

On 2/3/2012 6:17 PM, William R. Mattil wrote:

Hope LAFF doesn't go off the deep end with this announcement.......

When has Laff ever been out of the deep end?

Believe it or not Brian is one of the most rational, objective, and
reasonable people I know with the exception of one or two minor issues
related to *doping in sports.

What about chess?

Transcript of Alexander's plea hearing is available he
http://www.krinternetlaw.com/internet-l ... y-Plea.pdf

Q. Mr. Alexander, do you understand that, as we've just
talked about, once you enter a guilty plea, a
presentence report would be prepared, and the sentencing
judge, in this case, probably Magistrate Judge Laporte,
will have to review that, and you will have a chance to
comment or object to the report before any sentencing.
Do you understand that?
A. Yes, your Honor.
Q. And you understand that although the sentencing judgewill consider
the recommendation, it's not bound by the
recommendation that is in this plea agreement, that she
could impose a sentence that is different than that
which is recommended here?
A. Yes, your Honor.
Q. And that even if she imposes a sentence that's more
severe than is recommended, you would not have a right
to withdraw your plea once you enter it. Do you
understand that?
A. I understand.
Q. All right. And you've discussed with your attorney how
the sentencing guidelines operate here?
A. Yes, your Honor.
Q. And you understand that the United States Supreme Court
has ruled that the guideline ranges, once they're
calculated, is advisory only and not binding on the
Court?
A. Yes.
Q. And that you will have a chance to, as I I mentioned, to
address any calculation that you disagree with at the
sentencing hearing. Do you understand that?
A. Can you repeat the last sentence?
Q. That at the sentencing hearing, if for some reason you
disagree with the judge's calculation, you have a chance
to comment on that?
A. Yes, your Honor.
Q. And you understand that parole in the federal system has
been abolished, and if you are sentenced to prison, you
will not be released on parole. Do you understand that?
A. Yes, your Honor....................

Q.And that during the time you repeatedly accessed his
personal e-mail account, Hough was a member of the U.S.
Chess Federation board of directors. By gaining access
to his e-mail account you were able to obtain
confidential information related to the United States
Chess Federation internal investigation; that you
forwarded some of that information to other individuals
who were associated with the United States Chess
Federation. Is that true?
A. Yes, your Honor.

I anticipate that the USCF and a number of former Polgar defendants,
including myself, will ask the court to to require Alexander to name
ALL of the above referenced individuals. Failing to do that, the court
will be asked to sentence Alexander to a term in prison not exceeding
one year for failure to properly and fully accept responsibility for
his criminal act(s) as set forth in his plea agreement.
Old February 10th 12, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Feb 5, 10:13*am, tritonrider wrote:
On Feb 5, 12:10*am, BLafferty wrote:

On Feb 4, 10:16*pm, tritonrider wrote:

On Feb 4, 8:59*pm, Phil H wrote:

On Feb 3, 8:11*pm, tritonrider wrote:

On Feb 3, 9:40*pm, Jimmy July wrote:

On 2/3/2012 6:17 PM, William R. Mattil wrote:

Hope LAFF doesn't go off the deep end with this announcement........

When has Laff ever been out of the deep end?

Believe it or not Brian is one of the most rational, objective, and
reasonable people I know with the exception of one or two minor issues
related to *doping in sports.
*Good friend, great guy
*Bill C

How very odd, *what you describe is the antithesis of the BL in rbr.

Phil H

*Rbr is a sideshow and Brian understands that pretty well. He's also a
lawyer and they like to argue and win, at least in general. He may
also be half as hard headed as I am, and that's saying something. I'm
not telling anyone anything new when I point out that Brian is (My
word here) fanatically dedicated to a fair and level playing field for
everyone. People will use that kind of dedication to yank your chain,
anything is grounds for chain yanking around here anyway. It gets
messier from there and what you see now here is what you get from
years and years of back and forth in rbr.
*I respect where He's coming from and his dedication, and amazingly
enough if He's treated with basic respect he returns it even when you
disagree, and, lord knows, Brian and I don't agree on a whole lot but
I can't think of a single angry word between us.
*He does understand "Reasonable people can have reasonable
differences" and that we don't all place the same value, or priority,
on the same things in life and is incredibly good at respecting others
positions if they respect his.
*Bill C

Thanks again,Bill. (snipped) It's
decline is sad, but the electronic world has changed a lot since 1993
when I first posted to rbr. It is what it is today. Rather mean
spirited and ad homenium. Ride on.......

No problem. Haven't even done much lurking here in a while and really
thought hard about joining into this but wanted to at least comment on
what's become the myth and legend of "Laff atMe" on rbr. There's
always a bit of truth at the bottom of folklore, and I think you still
exist, but you've been used to create a new chunk of social myth and
legend. For someone interested in that stuff it's been fun to watch,
mostly from the sidelines.
*What's been really strange is watching "Gummer" conduct reasonable
human interactions on quite a few boards I read. Leaves me wondering
just how much he was playing a character here too.
*Interesting take hehttp://news.yahoo.com/90-days-withou...social-media-0...
*Still some great people here. One of the reasons I do come back is to
just really enjoy D-y's stuff. It's always great to be able to get a
reminder that people like him are still out there.
*Best to everyone
Bill C
*Not my place to speak for you, or even about you really, but as we
all know watching a friend trashed unfairly is one of my buttons.

Sheesh. I don't know if you're talking with tongue in cheek or simply
trying to be BL's PR flack in full-on damage control mode.

Nobody used BL's words to make him look like an obsessive idiot. He
did it all by his lonesome. People used his words to ridicule his On
Any Tuesday & I Don't Need No Steenking Presumed Innocent campaign
platforms.

Witness his recent diatribe summation post "proving" LANCE's guilt.
See? He's been right all along and he shall rise up again and woe to
the wicked! Sancho! My horse!

Stop enabling a destructive obsession and schedule an intervention.
It's what a good friend would do.

Old February 10th 12, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

BLafferty wrote:
Transcript of Alexander's plea hearing is available he
http://www.krinternetlaw.com/internet-l ... y-Plea.pdf
Q. Mr. Alexander, do you understand that, as we've just
talked about, once you enter a guilty plea, a
presentence report would be prepared, and the sentencing
I anticipate that the USCF and a number of former Polgar defendants,
including myself, will ask the court to to require Alexander to name
ALL of the above referenced individuals.

You should ask him whether he ever operated a mechanical flying penis
during a political speech. A subpenis should help Kasparov get to the
bottom of the matter.