Bike Related Finance

Old April 10th 07, 04:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Default Bike Related Finance

After discovering that bikes don't come off the shelf in my size, and
custom jobs are a bit pricier than what I budgeted for, I am looking
for a 'finance' arrangement. Basically where you pay 36 monthly
installments, and at the end of the term, it's yours (or you have to
pay a small amount). I have looked at Flexiway, and it looks OK, but
are there any other organisations out there that will offer a similar
thing? I'm looking at around $2500, which will cover both the frame
construction and the transferring of all the goodies off the 60cm c-c
frame I have now. I am not anticipating being able to offload the 60cm
frame for more than a few hundred at best. An initial deposit of
around $500 is likely to be available, but with a baby coming, any
amounts of cash above that are probably required for other uses.

Brendo

Old April 10th 07, 04:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Brendo wrote:
After discovering that bikes don't come off the shelf in my size, and
custom jobs are a bit pricier than what I budgeted for, I am looking
for a 'finance' arrangement. Basically where you pay 36 monthly
installments, and at the end of the term, it's yours (or you have to
pay a small amount). I have looked at Flexiway, and it looks OK, but
are there any other organisations out there that will offer a similar
thing? I'm looking at around $2500, which will cover both the frame
construction and the transferring of all the goodies off the 60cm c-c
frame I have now. I am not anticipating being able to offload the 60cm
frame for more than a few hundred at best. An initial deposit of
around $500 is likely to be available, but with a baby coming, any
amounts of cash above that are probably required for other uses.

Hi Brendo,
For the amount of money you're looking for Banks and Finance companies will
not be interested. Get a credit card from someone cheap (Aussicard at 10%?)
for the $2000 and pay it off asap.

Theo

Old April 10th 07, 04:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Apr 10, 1:24 pm, "Brendo" wrote:
.. but with a baby coming...

You haven't forgotten your baby bonus have you?

$4k at last count..

(I think the SO has earmarked ours for things other than a new bike
for me, alas).

duncan

Old April 10th 07, 04:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Apr 10, 11:37 am, "Duncan" wrote:
On Apr 10, 1:24 pm, "Brendo" wrote:

.. but with a baby coming...

You haven't forgotten your baby bonus have you?

$4k at last count..

(I think the SO has earmarked ours for things other than a new bike
for me, alas).

duncan

I haven't, but the Minister for War and Finance has first dibs on
that. There may be some surplus left over for distribution, however,
I'm not holding my breath.

Brendo

Old April 10th 07, 04:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

Hi Brendo,
For the amount of money you're looking for Banks and Finance companies will
not be interested. Get a credit card from someone cheap (Aussicard at 10%?)
for the $2000 and pay it off asap.

Theo

I was anticipating that Banks would not be interested, but I wasn't
sure whether there were Finance groups who might. Similar deals are
available from places like Harvey Norman or Retravision, where you put
down $500 and pay the rest off over 48 months. There is not a lower
limit on these (other than the initial $500), maybe bicycles have
someone who does similar deals for them?

Brendo

Old April 10th 07, 04:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

On Apr 10, 1:24 pm, "Brendo" wrote:

.. but with a baby coming...

You haven't forgotten your baby bonus have you?

$4k at last count..

(I think the SO has earmarked ours for things other than a new bike
for me, alas).

duncan

I haven't, but the Minister for War and Finance has first dibs on
that. There may be some surplus left over for distribution, however,
I'm not holding my breath.

Brendo

I tried that one on but the money was gone within a week anyway!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old April 10th 07, 05:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Bean Long wrote:

I tried that one on but the money was gone within a week anyway!

So, how do you plan to pay for the kid for the other 20+ years?
Old April 10th 07, 05:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Terryc wrote:
Bean Long wrote:

I tried that one on but the money was gone within a week anyway!

So, how do you plan to pay for the kid for the other 20+ years?

Hehe. I made the final payment on my youngest when I formally transferred
the $6000 he had borrowed from me 5 years earlier to his new-born daughter.
He was 27 at the time.

Theo

Old April 10th 07, 05:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Terryc wrote:
Bean Long wrote:

I tried that one on but the money was gone within a week anyway!

So, how do you plan to pay for the kid for the other 20+ years?

I've already got them working...