Talkback one eyed lunatics

Old May 14th 15, 06:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle,Aus.legal
F Murtz[_2_]

Default Talkback one eyed lunatics

I do not know If any one has heard 2UE afternoon talkback, think his
name is Justin smith,on the subject of bicycle rider registration, he
seems manic on the subject and howls down anyone who has an opposite
view to his, he seems to have the opinion that it is a foregone
conclusion that we will have rider registration by the end of the year.
He seems to have Duncan Gay (roads minister)on his side.
He also has the opinion that bicycle ordinations should not be allowed
representation at the soon to be,round table group on the subject with
Duncan Gay because "they are going to say no to everything".
His idea is registration of rider not bicycle with mandated fluoro
jackets with number on the back.

We would then be the only place in the world with it.
It would almost mean the death knell for cycle riding.
He has a bee in his bonnet about insurance associated with license,which
would in my opinion eventually make the license fee expensive which is
the case of all mandated insurance since the beginning of time.
He would be better served to get government paid cover for the minute
cases of third party claims against bicycles.(every so often a bicycle
knocks some one down injuring and even killing where the victim has no
cover and can not identify the culprit)
It is not worth registration just for revenge against the rider,it is
better to cover the third party through special govt.paid insurance and
would be much cheaper than an other licensing monolith.
It would mean that I would never ride again as it is rare that I do and
would not be worth it (I sometimes take train with bicycle to the city
or places like Gosford for use at the other end)
Old May 14th 15, 07:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle,Aus.legal
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 14 May 2015 15:22:20 +1000
F Murtz wrote:
Duncan Gay because "they are going to say no to everything".
His idea is registration of rider not bicycle with mandated fluoro
jackets with number on the back.

Going to be fun seeing that when I'm riding my recumbent.

How much for the kids then? Family discount?

Zebee
Old May 15th 15, 07:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.legal
Stuart Longland

F Murtz wrote:
Duncan Gay because "they are going to say no to everything".
His idea is registration of rider not bicycle with mandated fluoro
jackets with number on the back.

Going to be fun seeing that when I'm riding my recumbent.

Do the vests fit over the top of a backpack? Lots of cyclists ride with
those.

How much for the kids then? Family discount?

Indeed. Also can I have two in case one is in the wash? Or do we just
have to make do with one? (Ohh pheww!)

Nearly 5,000 pounds per bicycle place, the lunatics ARE running the asylum Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 26 July 19th 11 04:25 PM
lunatics or heroes? Zebee Johnstone Australia 3 June 18th 08 03:38 AM
ABC 774 talkback etc cfsmtb Australia 3 May 16th 06 04:36 AM
Clarkson pie-eyed Just zis Guy, you know? UK 219 September 28th 05 07:08 AM
RR: Get away from me you lazy eyed freak Jimbo(san) Mountain Biking 1 December 2nd 03 02:47 PM