Cannondale Company, Info ???

Old October 3rd 05, 12:33 AM
Thomas Wentworth

Default Cannondale Company, Info ???

After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy, I
looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

I can't seem to figure this out.

I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

Old October 3rd 05, 12:40 AM
di

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
news7_%e.7914$794.6796@trndny01...
After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy, I
looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

I can't seem to figure this out.

I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

It was old news from a few years ago, brought on by their motorsports
division.

Old October 3rd 05, 12:45 AM
Thomas Wentworth

"di" wrote in message

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
news7_%e.7914$794.6796@trndny01...
After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy,
I looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

I can't seem to figure this out.

I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

It was old news from a few years ago, brought on by their motorsports
division.

So, Cannondale is still in business? Still making great bicycles?

Old October 3rd 05, 01:05 AM
Joe Canuck

Thomas Wentworth wrote:

After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy, I
looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

I can't seem to figure this out.

I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

Googling with keywords "cannondale bankruptcy" yields some interesting
reading.
Old October 6th 05, 11:28 PM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ri_%e.7915$794.1152@trndny01,
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote:

"di" wrote in message

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
news7_%e.7914$794.6796@trndny01...
After reading on one of the posts here that Cannondale is in bankruptcy,
I looked up the company. The news posted was from 2003. Am I missing
something? Is Cannondale still in business? The Cannondale of Conn.?

I can't seem to figure this out.

I own a Cannondale touring bicycle. It is a great bike.

It was old news from a few years ago, brought on by their motorsports
division.

So, Cannondale is still in business? Still making great bicycles?

Hell, still sponsoring my bike team.

A precis: Cannondale got into trouble with a foray into ATVs and
motorcycles. Basically, they went bankrupt because they weren't as good
at motorcycles as they were at bicycles.

The ownership got bought out in the bankruptcy, but the new owners
basically just shed the motorsports part of the company, and retained
the bicycle bit, which never stopped being profitable. There was almost
no discontinuity.

That was several years ago, and Cannondale is doing just fine.