NY bike path mayhem

Old October 31st 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default NY bike path mayhem

Conflicting radio reports. Apparently crash involved some
bicycles, a school bus, a delivery truck, a firearm and
fatal police shot(s).

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3602094

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/several...own-manhattan/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...nt-in-tribeca/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 31st 17, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/31/2017 3:13 PM, AMuzi wrote:
Conflicting radio reports. Apparently crash involved some
bicycles, a school bus, a delivery truck, a firearm and
fatal police shot(s).

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3602094

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/several...own-manhattan/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...nt-in-tribeca/

update: 5 dead, 16 injured, at least six bicycles mangled
and smashed.

Old October 31st 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/31/2017 3:24 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/31/2017 3:13 PM, AMuzi wrote:
Conflicting radio reports. Apparently crash involved some
bicycles, a school bus, a delivery truck, a firearm and
fatal police shot(s).

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3602094

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/several...own-manhattan/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...nt-in-tribeca/

update: 5 dead, 16 injured, at least six bicycles mangled
and smashed.

update: terrorist attack, FBI on scene

Old November 1st 17, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/n...manhattan.html

Old November 1st 17, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

The killer's name is Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov. He deliberately targeted cyclists on a cycle path. Bystanders reported hearing him shout "Allahu Akbar". Clear sequence reported he

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...dent-manhattan

AJ
Old November 1st 17, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 15:13:00 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Conflicting radio reports. Apparently crash involved some
bicycles, a school bus, a delivery truck, a firearm and
fatal police shot(s).

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3602094

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/several...own-manhattan/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...nt-in-tribeca/

Even Muslims hate bicycles:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/wor...ttack-by-truck

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 1st 17, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 15:31:54 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 10/31/2017 3:24 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/31/2017 3:13 PM, AMuzi wrote:
Conflicting radio reports. Apparently crash involved some
bicycles, a school bus, a delivery truck, a firearm and
fatal police shot(s).

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3602094

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/several...own-manhattan/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...nt-in-tribeca/

update: 5 dead, 16 injured, at least six bicycles mangled
and smashed.

update: terrorist attack, FBI on scene

It turned out that my post highlighted the same incident as yours,
above, Apparently when the bearded driver got out of the truck he said
"Allahu akbar".

The Bangkok Post has it that "The attacker was taken into custody
after he was shot in the stomach by a New York City policeman, and
neutralised".

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 1st 17, 05:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Oddly, I first read about this incident in the London Telegraph --
rather high on the page.

Exactly what the murderer thought he was doing isn't particularly
important.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old November 1st 17, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 10:11:44 +0700, John B wrote:

Even Muslims hate bicycles:

Everybody hates bicycles, it is one of the few things that unites the
world. Oh, sure, people *say* they like bikes... until said bike is
being ridden on a road and holds them up for 3.1 seconds.

Making light of a tragedy I should not be taken as. That's not the
intent. It was a horrific incident. At this point we don't really know
if he is a terrorist or a nut, but that doesn't make the slightest
different to the victims and their families. Deep condolences to the
loved ones of the victims and best wishes for the best possible recovery
for the injured.

There are too many ways in the world to get hurt or killed without
people doing it deliberately.
Old November 1st 17, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

On 01/11/2017 12:30 AM, Joy Beeson wrote:

Oddly, I first read about this incident in the London Telegraph --
rather high on the page.

Exactly what the murderer thought he was doing isn't particularly
important.

On one hand I agree, it's not particularly important what he thought he
was doing. But on the other hand, this attack isn't exactly an isolated
incident.