Bunnyhops

Old November 15th 03, 10:22 PM
beelsebob2

Default Bunnyhops

Hi,
I'm beginning to try some silly stuff on my uike now that this whole
riding around the place stuff seems to be sussed. I've been trying to
learn to bunnyhop, but with only limited success - I can go from idle to
bunnyhopping, but can only get about 2 or 3 inches off the ground - am I
missing something, or is this a case of keep trying and it'll work?

Thanks

Bob

--
beelsebob2
beelsebob2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4787

Old November 16th 03, 12:55 AM
gerblefranklin

Low tire pressure, jump with your ankles, fat tire if you don't already
have one, and grab the seat. Other than that just practice. I still
remember a year ago when I was psyched over a 10" hop. Eventually you
should be able to get at least about 18". Probably more like 24" with
seat out. http://www.muniac.com has a good hopping advice section.

--
gerblefranklin

I don't break equipment, I make it cheaper.

Old November 16th 03, 01:10 AM
joona

My hop improved from about 4" to 12" in a month of practice. So just
practice. And lower your seat a little so you can pull the uni higher up
with your hand. The height improves while practicing, because you'll get
more control over the jump. A good stillstand helps a lot. I really
can't still stand too well but it'll improve with practice too.

--
joona - )-O --Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Old November 16th 03, 01:24 AM
beelsebob2

Thanks for the replies, I've lowered my tyre pressure a bit and lowered
my seat - things are feeling a little more friendly... I made my first
360° turn today in 6 hops, still needs a good bit of work, but it's
coming along... need to find myself some nice soft stairs that aren't
going to horribly injure me - hmmm... Kinda unlikely

Bob

Old November 16th 03, 01:35 AM
joona

You'll probably do just fine on the stairs. At least I've never hurt my
self while hopping or riding stairs up or down. Riding down is the
easier part if you lean forward enough. Hopping up is really easy if the
stairs are wide. A bit harder if they aren't. Remember to wear at least
wrist pads if riding stairs. I'd say your most likely to hurt your
wrists if you fall.

Old November 16th 03, 02:05 AM
beelsebob2

Wrist pads sound like a good tip - Down stairs I've already had one
bruise making fall, but that was my first ever try and I had it
seriously wrong. I can now get down them confidently - the problem is
once I'm there I kinda go "hmm... now I need to do something, and the
only option seems to be get off and climb the stairs again".

Bob