Paris Roubaix on VS?

Old March 26th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

Default Paris Roubaix on VS?

Scott Gordo wrote:
I just checked http://www.versus.com/cyclysm#schedule and no sign of
Paris-Roubaix on April 13th, the day of the race. The only listing I
could find was April 20th from 4-6, a full week after the event.
Anyone know if this is a mistake on their website?

Tour de Georgia only gets one day too

Guess I'll have to go watch Brasstown myself.

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old March 26th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Wayne[_3_]

On Mar 26, 7:57 am, "Paul M. Hobson" wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
I just checkedhttp://www.versus.com/cyclysm#scheduleand no sign of
Paris-Roubaix on April 13th, the day of the race. The only listing I
could find was April 20th from 4-6, a full week after the event.
Anyone know if this is a mistake on their website?

Tour de Georgia only gets one day too

Guess I'll have to go watch Brasstown myself.

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
.:change the f to ph to reply:.

Lance effect is wearing off ----- Didn't OLN/VS have a financial
interest in US Postal/Discovery too?

Wayne Sulak

Old March 26th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Mark

Scott Gordo wrote:
I just checkedhttp://www.versus.com/cyclysm#scheduleand no sign of
Paris-Roubaix on April 13th, the day of the race. The only listing I
could find was April 20th from 4-6, a full week after the event.
Anyone know if this is a mistake on their website?

Tour de Georgia only gets one day too

Guess I'll have to go watch Brasstown myself.

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
.:change the f to ph to reply:.

Lance effect is wearing off ----- Didn't OLN/VS have a financial
interest in US Postal/Discovery too?

Wayne Sulak

Absolutely. Makes me wonder how many more years we can expect to see
the Tour (there really /is/ still only one) on US television.

With Disco kaput, Leipheimer out, and (am I remembering correctly?) no
Slipstream GC hopeful, there isn't a big "American angle" for OLN/Versus
to hype.

Anybody know how many years in the OLN/Versus - ASO television rights
contract?

Mark J.
Old March 26th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Mark

Mark wrote:
Absolutely. Makes me wonder how many more years we can expect to see
the Tour (there really /is/ still only one) on US television.
With Disco kaput, Leipheimer out, and (am I remembering correctly?) no
Slipstream GC hopeful, there isn't a big "American angle" for
OLN/Versus to hype.
Anybody know how many years in the OLN/Versus - ASO television rights
contract?

heh heh so what's the Tour of Italy, chopped liver?

It was wonderful when we got real US TV coverage of the Giro. For
several years now, US Giro coverage on OLN/versus has been limited to
once-a-week highlight reels.

Now we're down to the Tour for real US TV coverage (though Milan-San
Remo on Versus last Sunday wasn't too bad). When the Tour goes off
OLN/versus, I figure that's when we'll be back to the stone age, with
only ghastly ESPN cycling coverage now and again.

I am not an expert on video but many years of waiting a week and reading
the Euro race mags has proved quite enjoyable and interesting. YMMV.

Whatever works for you, I like the video.

Mark J.
Old March 26th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Mark wrote:
Absolutely. Makes me wonder how many more years we can expect to see
the Tour (there really /is/ still only one) on US television.
With Disco kaput, Leipheimer out, and (am I remembering correctly?) no
Slipstream GC hopeful, there isn't a big "American angle" for OLN/Versus
to hype.
Anybody know how many years in the OLN/Versus - ASO television rights
contract?

heh heh so what's the Tour of Italy, chopped liver?

I am not an expert on video but many years of waiting a week and reading
the Euro race mags has proved quite enjoyable and interesting. YMMV.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old March 26th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Victor Kan

On Mar 26, 2:58 pm, Mark
With Disco kaput, Leipheimer out, and (am I remembering correctly?) no
Slipstream GC hopeful, there isn't a big "American angle" for OLN/Versus
to hype.

Team High Road is now an American-registered team with a number of
anglophones among their leaders, for what angle that's worth.

Old March 26th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

Once oln/vs dumps cycling I figure I'll dump cable and put that money
to high speed internet and cycling.tv

Old March 26th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Mar 26, 6:58*pm, "
wrote:
Once oln/vs dumps cycling I figure I'll dump cable and put that money
to high speed internet and cycling.tv

step back and remember football, hookey, table tennis, b-ball
intelligences watching those sports may not have a mind set for
cycling or auto road racing
and often not even for baseball.

After Armstrong is zero. didn't you see that in RBT? Cycle interest
for RBT went from 100 to 45 in 3 months AA.

Tried to get ski racing this winter. I missed the one event by hours
duh duh. This is the last winter and only TV winter for me for hmmmm
35 years?

So the cycling was excellent. Like I saw the TOUR!!! wowowowo. I did
get the frenchman's last corner well done the year before at Wooly's
tanks Wooly! I gave Wooly a watermelon.

try T of G video split screen with Google Ert plus.

I follow along and email predict the event for the casters-having
ridden the roads on a 360 Yamaha. Great fun. try it. Gives an idea why
editing is a plus.

You should try the big dish if possible. And tell us about it. Cost ?
5-6$ ??? The film is more interesting. If you speak Swedish.

Paris Roubaix SBS a5hi5m Australia 18 April 17th 06 10:44 AM
Paris-Roubaix map? Bob Martin Racing 5 March 31st 06 12:50 AM
Paris Roubaix Simon Brooke UK 5 April 19th 05 03:53 PM
paris roubaix Rick Roof Racing 8 January 15th 05 03:56 AM
paris roubaix curt Racing 0 March 12th 04 04:13 PM