Tour of Woodside/Team in Training

Old September 27th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Hussman

Default Tour of Woodside/Team in Training

First post, just a general vent...

Today, I was doing my quick one-hour Canada ride, and I saw that the
Tour for Woodside ride (supporting Woodside high school) was going
on. So sure, my morning ride has a few more cyclists on it, good for
them, no worries for me.

I was curious what the ride would be, so when I get to the Edgewood/
Canada intersection, I see a Team in Training water stop set up. I
asked politely if they knew the routes because I heard the Woodside
ride was for a good cause, and the guy said bluntly, 'No, we're Team
in Training.' I asked if they were supporting the ride, and he said
(with more than a hint of condescension), 'No.'

Here's my point...this ride was scheduled for a year, I ride Canada
almost every Sunday without seeing a TNT water stop, so this isn't
common, and TNT decides to have a training session during a charity
event on their course. Probably taking away riders from the charity
event, definitely shelling for new TNT participants.

I'm sorry, but that's low-class hooliganism. I understand the
business aspects of charities, but that's just plain rude.
Old September 28th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Hussman

Someone had asked where in the world this was...sorry about that. San
Francisco Bay Area, near Palo Alto, California.

Old September 29th 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Hussman

On Sep 28, 9:22*am, sally wrote:
Hussman wrote in news:95195e1c-d582-4ea0-9869-
:

I'm sorry, but that's low-class hooliganism. *I understand the
business aspects of charities, but that's just plain rude.

Doesn't TNT lead rides every week? *If they're going to ride somewhere, I
don't see how they are stealing business from someone else.

They don't have them weekly on Canada Road. However, it may just be a
scheduling faux pas; the event is four years old and Canada is a
popular cycling route.
Old October 8th 09, 07:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Hussman" wrote in message
[...]

I rode the Tour for Woodside and noticed the TnT folk out there. I don't
think it's a problem; it's a big world, and I don't think TnT is quite
so rigid that they wouldn't allow their folk to ride "someone else's"
event on a given day.

Having said that, there were issues, brought up in the Western Wheelers
e-list, regarding a group, possibly TnT, setting up a tent in LaHonda in
front of the restaurant there. Apparently done without permission and
(allegedly) there were cyclists participating in whatever that ride was
that rather rudely expected to use the bathroom at the restaurant. The
Tour for Woodside event had plenty of porta-potties along the route (and
had no rest stop in LaHonda).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com