Gear Upgrade

Old March 9th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mlmartinet

Default Gear Upgrade

Has any one added gears to the Specialized Globe Centrum. My
Girlfriend owns one and we were looking to add gears to it.

Matt
Old March 9th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Mar 9, 2:15 pm, mlmartinet wrote:
Has any one added gears to the Specialized Globe Centrum. My
Girlfriend owns one and we were looking to add gears to it.

Matt

You'd probably be able to rebuild the wheel onto a Sturmey Archer 8-
speed hub that's disc compatible.

http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/COMPHUINT/HU2206
shifter
http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking/p/LD2201
plus a 36H rim
and some labor and spokes/nips
under $300 or so, but she'd end up with a wicked cool city bike.

Links are not endorsements, though I've had only good experiences with
bikeman.