ANOTHER Mountain Biker Death

Old August 7th 08, 01:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default ANOTHER Mountain Biker Death

So much for the alleged "health benefits".

Mike

http://www.parkrecord.com/todaysheadlines/ci_10106507

Bicyclist falls ill, dies
by Jay Hamburger OF THE RECORD STAFF
Article Launched: 08/05/2008 04:51:48 PM MDT

An Arizona man died Sunday after falling ill while mountain biking on
a popular Park City trail, the authorities said.

Floyd Conway was 63 years old. He was from Scottsdale, Ariz.

Investigators are unsure what killed him.

Phil Kirk, a Park City Police Department captain, said the police
received a call at 11:42 a.m. reporting the man was suffering a
medical problem on the Spiro Tunnel trail. Another bicyclist found him
lying on the side of the trail.

The police sent a mountain-biking officer onto the trail, and
paramedics followed. They tried to revive him with CPR. They brought
him down from the trail on a stretcher and he was taken in an
ambulance to a Murray hospital.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 7th 08, 02:06 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
VtSkier

Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

You are such an asshole.

A good friend of mine dropped dead of
a massive myocardial infarction while
out jogging some years back. He was
dead before his face hit the pavement.

You can die of anything at any time.
Old August 7th 08, 02:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default ANOTHER Vandeman Troll

Mike Vandeman wrote:
So much for the alleged "health benefits".

Mike

http://www.parkrecord.com/todaysheadlines/ci_10106507

Bicyclist falls ill, dies
by Jay Hamburger OF THE RECORD STAFF
Article Launched: 08/05/2008 04:51:48 PM MDT

An Arizona man died Sunday after falling ill while mountain biking on
a popular Park City trail, the authorities said.

Floyd Conway was 63 years old. He was from Scottsdale, Ariz.

Investigators are unsure what killed him.

So mountain biking may have nothing to do with his death, eh?

Phil Kirk, a Park City Police Department captain, said the police
received a call at 11:42 a.m. reporting the man was suffering a
medical problem on the Spiro Tunnel trail. Another bicyclist found him
lying on the side of the trail.

The police sent a mountain-biking officer onto the trail, and
paramedics followed. They tried to revive him with CPR. They brought
him down from the trail on a stretcher and he was taken in an
ambulance to a Murray hospital.

So the first emergency responder got to him by a mountain bike?

If Mikey V. fell and was incapacitated while HIKING, would he refuse
assistance from an emergency responder on a MOUNTAIN BIKE?

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 7th 08, 04:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

My brother had a heart attack IN the emergency room. Does this mean he
should not have gone there?

THIS JUST IN
Hospitals kill people. Film at eleven ...

Old August 7th 08, 12:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
di

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

I can verify that, last Sept I had a major heart attack, I'm alive today
because two of the bike riders I was with knew CPR very well. I now have a
Pacemaker/Defibbulator implanted, and I'm back to riding, not as well as
before but I'm riding.

Biking saved my life.

Old August 8th 08, 01:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 21:06:42 -0400, VtSkier
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Obviously I care about mountain bikers' welfare more than THEY do.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 8th 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 06:32:28 -0500, "DI" wrote:

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

After it almost killed you. Why can't mountain bikers be HONEST?????

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 8th 08, 01:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:16:14 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
So much for the alleged "health benefits".

Mike

http://www.parkrecord.com/todaysheadlines/ci_10106507

Bicyclist falls ill, dies
by Jay Hamburger OF THE RECORD STAFF
Article Launched: 08/05/2008 04:51:48 PM MDT

An Arizona man died Sunday after falling ill while mountain biking on
a popular Park City trail, the authorities said.

Floyd Conway was 63 years old. He was from Scottsdale, Ariz.

Investigators are unsure what killed him.

So mountain biking may have nothing to do with his death, eh?

Unlikely, as you well know.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 8th 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Obviously you don't care about anybody but yourself.

The story does not say the guy fell off his bike, it says he fell ill. The
article does not say that he had a heart attack or a stroke, either of which
can happen sitting on the sofa watching nature on TV -- which is the way you
prefer people enjoy nature.

If the guy died watching nature on TV, would you feel bad because you killed
him? I thought so.

Idiot.

Old August 8th 08, 03:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

--

That's because you are a mountain biker.