WHOOPS! Injured mountain biker airlifted (BC)

Old October 21st 13, 04:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Injured mountain biker airlifted (BC)

Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.castanet.net/news/Pentict...iker-airlifted

Injured mountain biker airlifted

by Adam Proskiw - Kelowna - Story: 100888
Oct 19, 2013 / 4:18 pm

Photo: Deborah Pfeiffer - Penticton

A middle-aged man was airlifted to hospital after a mountain biking accident near the popular Three Blind Mice biking trail off Naramata Road Saturday afternoon.

According to Penticton SAR manager Ryanne Volrich, the call came in at 11:30 a.m. and by 12:53, a SAR helicopter had located the man and was flying him to Penticton Regional Hospital with suspected internal injuries.

“It would have been a bumpy ride out in a stretcher, so we decided to use the helicopter,” said Volrich.

Because of the low-lying cloud in the area, a ground team was also on standby, which included 17 members of Penticton SAR.

The man, who is an experienced rider, was with a friend at the time of the accident and was able to call 911. He remained on the phone with SAR dispatch during the rescue.

“He did the right thing,” said Ryanne. “It’s much better when we can stay in contact with the person while we are getting to them. We’re even more prepared that way.”

The man is currently being examined at Penticton Regional Hospital but his injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.
Old October 21st 13, 05:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Hahaha still going old chap. I have to ask:

How do you measure the effectiveness of your PR strategy? And;

Is it working out for you?

I have my doubts if your strategy is doing anything positive.
Old October 21st 13, 05:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bozo

Mike Vandeman wrote:

Evolution in action!

Mike

***********

NEWS FLASH!

(Dateline: Everywhere) Man sits home and does nothing. Nothing Happens.
Nothing gained or accomplished, either.
Other man goes out and does things, enjoys life, including risk-taking
events. Things happen.

************

You get it? **** happens. Get over it--with maybe some counseling or meds
for starters. Plenty of smart people do this. Don't be afraid to pick up the
phone--maybe ask your doctor for a reference.
Old October 22nd 13, 04:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade[_2_]

(Dateline: Everywhere) Man sits home and does nothing. Nothing Happens.

Nothing gained or accomplished, either.

Other man goes out and does things, enjoys life, including risk-taking

events. Things happen.

Well said.

Or, to quote ...

“The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.”