"Mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of recreation, including hiking."

Old June 22nd 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default To the Death was "Mountain biking ...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:ZLCdnQr66tFlYgTZnZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"cc" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"di" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:L5KdnYq2zOChUgTZnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d@prairiew ave.com...

[...]

The one and only thing his like ever understands is a good swift kick
in the ass. That is what I am here for.

Like I've said before, name the time and place.

I suggest dueling pistols at dawn down by the riverside on the banks of
the Ohio. I will try to get Tom Sherman to be my second, but he has made
himself scarce of late and I don't know if I can find him. No doubt, you
have some scofflaws you could spare who could be my second if I am
unable to get Tom Sherman.

It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost
honor, as that is the only thing that matters to me at my present stage
of life. I will expect you to be dressed in your best formal attire as
will I. I think 10 paces will be about right as my eyesight is not what
it used to be. I think we should also use black powder firearms in order
to enhance the dignity of the occasion. I will go down to the local pawn
shop and see what I can find.

Ok, Ed. That's funny. You're not much of an arguer, but you are a decent
clown.

At last ... someone to appreciate me! We clowns are desperate for a
little feed back from time to time. Instead all I get from these freaking
newsgroups are serious types who take me seriously. Of course, sometimes I
am serious, but mostly I am not. It is really strange how so many do not
seem to know how to read me. However, it may be my fault. I will have to
work on my writing skills more.

While you are there (pawn shop), see if they sell red, puff noses. If you
are going to accept the title "clown", you might as well dress the part.
We don't know how to read you because, by your own admission, you have had
the human contact of a mole. You can't hit someone with a stick then jump
back and proclaim "that was funny, wasn't it?". A sense of humor is
developed around people, not buried in a dusty corner of a library.

Old June 22nd 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"cc" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"di" wrote in message

[...]

Humor is a very difficult thing to define. What is often funny to one person
will not be in the least bit funny to another person. Most humor is of the
slapstick variety, crude and dumb (Jerry Lewis). That can never appeal to
types like me.

By the way, once you have to explain humor, it is no longer humorous. That
is why I do not put smileys all over my posts. I want folks to get it on
their own. Am I being serious or not? Sometimes I do not even know. I depend
on others to tell me.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 23rd 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:Voednd9NItExawfZnZ2dnUVZ_tOdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

[...]

Then listen up... If you don't know when you post it, we certainly aren't
going to know when we see it.
You either have the intent of being funny, or the intent of being serious.
Deciding which it was based on the response after the fact is stupid.

Old June 24th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:12:56 -0400, "S Curtiss"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:57:36 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:
It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost honor,

Please don't ever use "honor" and "mountain biker" in the same
sentence. I don't want to gag.

You should be used to it - after choking out your nonsense for years.
Your OPINION of off-road cycling is not a filter for determining the
character of those involved.

Ask your mommy to look up "filter" in the dictionary. Then learn how
to use it properly. Idiot.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 24th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:

. ..
wrote:
It is extremely important that all of this be done with the utmost
honor,

Please don't ever use "honor" and "mountain biker" in the same
sentence. I don't want to gag.

You should be used to it - after choking out your nonsense for years.
Your OPINION of off-road cycling is not a filter for determining the
character of those involved.

Ask your mommy to look up "filter" in the dictionary. Then learn how
to use it properly. Idiot.

Character assasination rather than addressing the concept. Typical.

Old June 29th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Do mountain bike posts ruin RBS? was "Mountain biking ...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Such as our explanation for responding to Vandy's lies and misinformation
considering access, trails, conservation and off-road cycling?
Apparently, it is you who can not grasp the "explanation". My (and
others') posts to Vandy are in direct response to his attacks on an
activity that we enjoy and his posts also attempt to close all
communication beyond his narrow views on the topic. We only want to keep
that communication open for real information and cooperation to grow the
movement to protect areas, rather than have them paved over.

You do not have to keep doing it over and over ad infinitum. When you do
so you make yourself out as nothing but a stalker. Get your own posts
going on what you want and let Vandeman occasionally have the opportunity
of responding to you. How the hell can you be so unfair all the time? Are
you even an American? We Americans pride ourselves on our sense of fair
play.

Why not lead by example...? You haven't done anything but extend this thread
to see your own words.
From e. dolan on another thread: "Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
and jerks - positively no exceptions! When I am on Usenet I try to be the
biggest idiot, asshole and jerk of them all. I set the standard for one and
all. I believe I can state with absolute assurance that I am the Greatest
Idiot, the Greatest Asshole and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known
in its' long and dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every
time I post. Can't any of you poor *******s read?"

The same argument all over several threads... ? So doley can see his own
words? So he can try to convince nobody he is some kind of moderator?

This thread has died. Since "Impotence" best describes doley's presence,
that is where I'll be responding

Vandeman can attack all he wants to and it is not your business to
regurgitate your boilerplate responses to his every utterance. Try not to
be nothing but a negative echo to him. You are too intelligent for that.
Get your own agenda and forget about him. I will read your messages and
perhaps even post some original ones of my own. RBS is being ruined by
your rote responses. No one else seems to be on this newsgroup (RBS)
except for a handful. Why is that when this should be the most
invigorating of all the newsgroups connected with cycling?

If you want to discuss outdoor access on point, then do so. Crying "foul"
because you got stepped on clinging to Vandy's opinions is not my concern.
Dead thread. See "Impotence"..

RBM is just chock full of idiots and I only go there to stir the pot. RBS
should be the heart and soul of cycling and yet it is the deadest of all
the cycling groups. Do you not feel any responsibility for this? I would
like to see RBS flourish with lots of intellectual stimulation concerning
the world of cycling. But how can that be when all anyone sees is yours
and Vandeman's posts forever on a single subject? Try not to be so crazy
all the time!

I repeat, it is not necessary that you respond to Vandeman's every
utterance. In fact, it is insane for you to do this. No one else does this
kind of crazy nonsense except you. Stop with the scotch whiskey and get
focused on other things in life.

See... you keep comparing me to you. Your tactics of conversation turned
around. And it takes the mental capacity of chewed gum to do it!
This thread is dead. Like playing ping-pong with a wall...
Since your posts have no consequence, I'll just keep it in the "Impotence"
thread.

Old June 30th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Curtiss the Stalker Part II

"S Curtiss" wrote in message

[...]

From e. dolan on another thread: "Usenet is strictly for idiots, assholes
[...]

Curtiss is nothing but a stalker and a leech. Screw him all the way to Hell
and back!

Old July 7th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Default "Mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of recreation, including hiking."

I am going to defend Mr. Vandeman as best I can since all I see is a
lot of numskull mountain bikers ganging up on him. My God, just
because you are a mountain biker does not mean you have to be
brainless.

Unless you have a Ph.D., you are not really qualified to do research
because you have not been trained to do it. Like most, you are
confusing search with research. Those of us with higher educations
know the difference.

Thanks Conan,
I went back and found this little jewel. What are your credentials
again?
Chris Foster
PhD Electrical Engineering
University of Illinois 1987